LAS Picket huge success

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CMHTroll said:
You need not worry because the company will always err of the side of safety, especially if you call fatigue and grant your wish. We wouldn’t want you falling asleep on the job.

Wow. News to me.

CMHTroll said:
It sounds reasonable that a crew have the same 8 hurs protected resst for their entire tour. Be it 2200 – 0600 or 1800 – 0200. It makes sense. It just requires more pilots to cover the demand. Less work = less pay. I thought you wanted to increase your wages all that you could. So work fewer days and get paid less? That sounds opposite from what you have stated in the past. Why would you want to get paid less?

WARNING!!!! BILL BOISTURE BS BRIEFING MATERIAL!!!

FAcFriend said:
think about it - firefighters work weird hours, if one falls asleep at a fire, he is fired. He can sleep while waiting for a call - but he better not fall asleep at 4 am while sitting in the truck at a fire even if his circadium rhythms are all screwed up.

Oh. That is a very realistic example.

I can see it now...

A 5 alarm fire in a chemical warehouse is raging. The firefighter is struggling to breathe his portable O2 through the mask in the intense heat and he thinks to himself, "Self, I think I'll just take a seat her and get in a quick 5 minute nap".

I can see how the firefighter exampe is just like the example of a pilot sitting in the same spot, motionless, with sunlight warming the cockpit and the constant droning of the engines massaging the ears whilst the jetsteam gentle rocks the cabin to and fro.

Exactly alike.

FLYLOW22 said:
So why are you here then?

Compare my member date with the time I started responding to posts. 95% of my posts are in defense of alledged crewmembers slandering my company and making false allegations. When this stops I'll be happy to slip back into oblivion. Thanks for asking.

FLYLOW22 said:
Oh. That is a very realistic example.

I can see it now...

A 5 alarm fire in a chemical warehouse is raging. The firefighter is struggling to breathe his portable O2 through the mask in the intense heat and he thinks to himself, "Self, I think I'll just take a seat her and get in a quick 5 minute nap".

I can see how the firefighter exampe is just like the example of a pilot sitting in the same spot, motionless, with sunlight warming the cockpit and the constant droning of the engines massaging the ears whilst the jetsteam gentle rocks the cabin to and fro.

Exactly alike.

You obviously know nothing about firefighting.

To enlighten you-

you can work multiple shifts, you can be held over an extra day even if you have beach plans. You work weird hours that can interfer with circadium rythms.

Every firefighter at the scene is not "doing the tv firefighter job".

One guy stays up all night at the house.

It's a tough job, try to explain why the guy shouldnt be fired when the phone rings and the guy says "cottage street instead of college street." in the microphone.

Hey, life or death but he had to work an extra shift because his relief had a car accident, two extra calls came in at 4:30, etc...

Two kids died at the fire- explain to that mother that it was scheduling's fault.

dsptchrNJA said:
Compare my member date with the time I started responding to posts. 95% of my posts are in defense of alledged crewmembers slandering my company and making false allegations. When this stops I'll be happy to slip back into oblivion. Thanks for asking.

Translation: When the pilot contract is completed or this company implodes, NetJets will no longer require my services as a Union Busting lacky.

FAcFriend said:
You obviously know nothing about firefighting.

To enlighten you-

you can work multiple shifts, you can be held over an extra day even if you have beach plans. You work weird hours that can interfer with circadium rythms.

I guess I miss your point. In both jobs, if enough of a mistake is made then people can die. Scheduling plays a big part.

The biology of the matter plays a part. The perfect schedule on paper doesn't always allign itself with the human factor. Answer: Fatigue calls.

Fatigue calls have NEVER been a significant factor in cancelled flights at this company. "Less than 1%" of cancellations are due to tired calls. I think this point has been made clear by Just Gary many times over.

FLYLOW22 said:
Translation: When the pilot contract is completed or this company implodes, NetJets will no longer require my services as a Union Busting lacky.

I could care less about your union.

When I asked why they didn't buy from the leader in the industry, NJA, they replied that, "In light of their current labor problems, NetJets is no longer a premium product."

GV[/QUOTE]

Just about sums it up. Companies will start realising that when they screw their own employees, it will come back to bite them in their bottom line. Employees are supposed to be an asset, not a reluctant commodity which is how many airlines treat them.
I was solicited by NJA when I attended a job fair earlier this year. Despite all the hype on equipment and state-of-the art hangars, I did not follow up. Why? Because I did not want to be insulted by getting a salary lower than a NYC cab driver and one that is currentl 40-50% LESS than what I'm making now. That's too much of a hit and no one in their right mind would go for something like that.
Good luck to all & hope you still have a job down the line. Been there, done that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back