• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

kissing a... derriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you're going a little overboard on using my words to attack me. I used the word scared, I could have used concerned, alerted, etc. Now you've migrated to I was scared to death. If you're going to just make $%it up, then why bother with this. One more time for the slow ones, if I needed to call go, I would have. And in reference to having a chip on my shoulder or being jealous, why do you think everyone aspires to be an airline pilot. Some of us don't necessarily equate professional flying with the airlines. Some if us think GA when they think of flying. I do because I was raised in a GA family. The airlines never come up in conversation. So no, I'm not jealous.
In fact, I've reached my quota on the subject for quite some time. See you in the skies.

Last edited:
cjdriver said:
I think you're going a little overboard on using my words to attack me. I used the word scared, I could have used concerned, alerted, etc. Now you've migrated to I was scared to death. If you're going to just make $%it up, then why bother with this.

Excuse me....make stuff up??? Attack you? I was just throwing your own words up in your face. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't you say the following:

cjdriver said:
Flew corporate with a Delta furlough. Scared the bejeezes out of me several times. If it ain't 10000 feet long he's gonna scare you. And god help ya on the circle to land at Hilton Head, Jeesuus.

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. Gross exaggeration on my part. Scared the bejeezes out of me several times, and scared to death aren't close at all. Please forgive me for taking liberties with your descriptive vocabulary.

cjdriver said:
One more time for the slow ones, if I needed to call go, I would have.

I'm a little confused here, so help me understand. Was the approach in question flown within acceptable standards, and you didn't call for a go around because you are embellishing this whole story for the entertainment value here, or are your CRM skills so weak that the approach was truly unstable, and you didn't call for the go around because the CP was on the controls? Please clarify.

cjdriver said:
And in reference to having a chip on my shoulder or being jealous, why do you think everyone aspires to be an airline pilot.

I don't. Never said anything remotely close to that. That little jab I took at you about Delta hiring in the near future is called sarcasm.....get it, or do you need me to explain it to you?

With regard to that chip on your shoulder......actually it's more like a cord of wood. Why would you take the time to attack and insult an entire group of professional pilots on a public forum if you didn't harbor some serious hostility towards that group? Maybe a little professional counseling might help you alleviate some of that pent up hostility. I mean really......where is the love man?

cjdriver said:
Some of us don't necessarily equate professional flying with the airlines.

Really? That's an interesting perspective. With what do you equate professional flying, first and foremost? Serious question.

cjdriver said:
So no, I'm not jealous.

Ok buddy, whatever you say. Fly safe.

Last edited:
Archie....good response.

I'm thinking about leaving my current position for NJ (if they'll hire me). Seems like a great place, plus my new child won't graduate from High School until after I retire if I stay in the 121 game...

Anyway, I was checking out your current position and I was wondering....How is Edith reverse cowgirl....or maybe Edith doggie....LOL.. Also does she do chicks?

jet1man said:
Archie....good response.

I'm thinking about leaving my current position for NJ (if they'll hire me). Seems like a great place, plus my new child won't graduate from High School until after I retire if I stay in the 121 game...

Good luck in your quest for employment at NJA. Unless you are a Capt with some seniority at your regional job, NJA will be a huge improvement in the QOL department.....probably in the pay dept too.

jet1man said:
Anyway, I was checking out your current position and I was wondering....How is Edith reverse cowgirl....or maybe Edith doggie....LOL.. Also does she do chicks?

Hey, that's kinda personal!! But if you must know....Edith doesn't manja la tapeto.....if you catch my drift.:D

I'm at eight year CPT pay now. Still thinking the move may pay off in the long run. What A/C are you on?

jet1man said:
I'm at eight year CPT pay now. Still thinking the move may pay off in the long run. What A/C are you on?

If you dont mind a little, well a lot, of "work", make the move. This is the best kept secret in aviation. The word is starting to get out, so get on now.

In light of the state of pay and working conditions at my former airline, the commute and uncertainty of 121 in general (it's like 10 competitors climbing an oil covered pyramid to play king of the hill) I am not planning on returning.

The only airliner I look forward to being in is the one I'm riding to my airplane or home.

The whole system is screwed when the company cancels pensions, cuts pay 46%, furlough massively and replaces with RJs as big as DC9s and then makes a profit totalling hundreds of millions... and the federal government gives the knod on the whole deal.

Glad I made the switch... not that I had much of a choice as to whether I needed a job. I just couldn't picture myself looking for an airline job in my 40's or 50's.

I also think, "What's better? Holding out for 30 years to make $300,000 (doesn't exist anymore) my last 3 years of service before mandatory retirement or making $150,000 average (does exist) for 30 years.... every year".

Coffee, ice and papers please!!

FLYLOW22 said:
The only airliner I look forward to being in is the one I'm riding to my airplane or home.

I had heard that "airlining to and from" is the worst part about this job. How true. The airlines are a joke.

-Dirty terminals vs Clean FBOs.
-Rude airline employees vs nice and helpful FBO employees.
-Waiting in line at McDonalds vs having catered (free) meals delivered to the plane.
-worrying about missing a commute or jumpseat vs positive space travel.

I 've talked to a lot of frac guys in the past year at various FBOs from NetJets, CShares, Flex, and Avantair and most were exceptionally nice guys, even if a couple of the NJ guys were a bit 'vocal' back during the labor issues there. A few, after suffering my newbie questions, even went so far as to invite me out to look in their aircraft, where I've gotten a grand tour of ... Falcon 2000, C750, C560XL, C550, G200, and Lear 31 and 45. Very, very nice guys ... every single one. And in talking to them I found that these folks came from airlines - retired and furloughed - from piston cargo, small corporate, charter, and just about every other career track there is. I dont think their background had anything at all to do with the 'tool factor'. Of course, my experience might not translate to the cockpit, but I thought it was a valid observation.

Oh ... had only one 'bad/odd' experience with a Frac crew ... I'll get flamed but this is too good to not relate it here. As a disclaimer, I realize this kid could have been flying for any fractional and it was only incidental that it was Flex Jet:

I flew in a Baron to HTO on Long Island recently, and as I was unloading our pax and their bags a Flex Lear (45?) came in with an older, short, bald Captain and a very young-looking FO. As the guy I flew up with and I were admiring the aircraft, the crew disembarks and it looked like the Captain was trying to get away from the FO. The FO comes out and I swear ... he looks over at us and you could literally see his chest swell up as he gave us the biggest "I'm on a Lear and you're on a Baron" look I've ever seen. It was so blatantly obvious that the guy I was flying with, furloughed Aloha and one of the absolute nicest guys I've ever met, says "Oh ... he's one of those." and rolled his eyes. The FO kept going back in the aircraft and fiddling with something inside and then running out to where the Captain was trying to make his way to the FBO (Myers). This happened three times and finally the FO comes out and resumes his chest-swell while tossing a water bottle up in the air and swaggering to the FBO. He's literally staring at us and grinning (weird) and he drops the water bottle mid-swagger and kicked it while trying to pick it up (Mr. Smooth :D ) and when we laughed and looked over at the Captiain who's finally near the FBO door, and the poor fellow is shaking his head back and forth in an "Oh God ... why me" manner before turning and going inside. Kinda' funny. Maybe a bit sad, too. I guess every company has "one of those", and where he came from is probably irrelevant.

skyaddict said:
Furloughed from a regional and looking at a possible frac career. The pay and upgrade issues have been discussed here plenty. Just wondering, for an airline guy with a good attitude but not used to kissing rich people's *sses, so to speak, does that part of the job get easy after a while? Not flame bait, but seriously wondering from others who have done the airline transition, since I guess I won't truly know if I'll like it until I've been doing it a while.

DON'T do it!!!!!!!!!! Flying the RJ's is a much more rewarding career!!!!!!!!

G

Latest resources

Back