• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

kissing a... derriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
extreme scenarios that they grill us airline types with in interviews.
Umm news for ya. The hardest interview I ever had was at a fractional. Pull out a chart of KASE and see how much you really know, or KEGE,KSUN, You'll find out you forgotten more about jep charts than your mother in laws false teeth. Frac flying is totally different than airline flying and I"m not talking about kissing passengers ass. but more the fact you fly anywhere and everywhere at a moments notice or less. I flew airlines and it was always the same. But here you land at a place youve never been, file a flight plan, and take off to a place youve never been. And sleep at a place you didnt expect.

I greet the pax and point them in the direction of the plane. I do not carry their bags, get them anything to drink or serve them. I give them the safety brief, if its my turn, and I hop up front and get to work. Upon landing I offload the pax and their bags, let the line guys place the bags in the car, after all they must earn their 20 dollar tip, and bid them farewell. Its not in my job description to do any more. Can I or will I do more, certainly....but not until certain criteria are met and thats not happening any time soon.

What's an FSS? Wait. Don't answer that. I'm on break. Be back la

650 driver said:
I like to ask airline pilots to order fuel at the FBO and to ask if Prist is working there today........gets them everytime.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Do they sometimes turn it around and ask you if you know what a stabilized approach is?

skyaddict said:
Furloughed from a regional and looking at a possible frac career. The pay and upgrade issues have been discussed here plenty. Just wondering, for an airline guy with a good attitude but not used to kissing rich people's *sses, so to speak, does that part of the job get easy after a while? Not flame bait, but seriously wondering from others who have done the airline transition, since I guess I won't truly know if I'll like it until I've been doing it a while.

just focus on the job, whatever it entails. keep ears open and mouth shut for the first year. people are people. politics is life. get used to it. and kissing ass is not part of the job description.

650 driver said:
I also get a kick when I ask an airline pilot to go load 2 SUVs of bags while I go back in the FBO and take 30 mins to pay for the fuel.

So you're one of those captains that hangs out in the FBO while the F/O busts his ass loading the plane? All I need to know.

Latest resources

Back