kissing a... derriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyaddict

Furloughed from a regional and looking at a possible frac career. The pay and upgrade issues have been discussed here plenty. Just wondering, for an airline guy with a good attitude but not used to kissing rich people's *sses, so to speak, does that part of the job get easy after a while? Not flame bait, but seriously wondering from others who have done the airline transition, since I guess I won't truly know if I'll like it until I've been doing it a while.

I know at CS you have to Kiss a lot to upgrade. :)

or get a pay raise.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've found the majority of our passengers to be more amicable than the general public I run into on my flight out to pick up the airplane. Of course, there are always exceptions. I've never viewed friendly banter with the owners to be arse kissing.

Remember, you are not always dealing with "rich" people. Some of our pax are normal everyday people like sales managers, and people like that whose bosses are the ones that own the shares. 99% of the time, even the "rich"people are genuinely easy to deal with. The ones that are tough to take sometimes are the people who show up with trunks of stuff and you try to load a beechjet with all of thier shiznit. And of course they ask "is this too much"? Or, "we can leave the radiator and motorcycle behind if that would help"!

This one trip(s) we had was making two trips back and forth from Gainsville, GA to PDK and back. It was to carry boat loads of furniture to bring junior back to college in Atlanta. We were a freakin' moving company that day. No pax just furniture! Good luck.

Hey Skyaddict

I can tell by your tone that Frac is not for you. Do yourself and all of us a favor and go fly boxes somewhere until you are recalled. Nothing worse than a furloughee airline mentality chip on your shoulder miscreant coming over and spreading negativity like a bad rot amongst otherwise fresh and crispy apples.

There are some Caravan jobs listed in here somewhere, why dont you try for that? Or, give Netjets a shot. I hear they are great at handling the negative attitudes over there.

Misery LOVES company!

I can tell by your tone that Frac is not for you. Do yourself and all of us a favor and go fly boxes somewhere until you are recalled. Nothing worse than a furloughee airline mentality chip on your shoulder miscreant coming over and spreading negativity like a bad rot amongst otherwise fresh and crispy apples.
Holy Sh!T!!
Did you just call a fractional pilot group "fresh and crispy apples."?
AWW My Gawd I almost lost a liver on that one!!!!!!
More like either old crusty farts or young think they know it all cowboys.
Hell thats why I like the job.
spreading negativity like a bad rot amongst otherwise fresh and crispy apples
BWAA hahaaaa oh oh wait wait grab the silk honey I need to fart. Every pilot I fly with here at FLOPS is disgruntled and I like everyone of them. Well almost everyone.
I say come on over. bring that walk in the cabin turn left crap with ya. I am a reformed airline pilot flying fracs. And if it werent for the fracs I wouldnt feel like the "fresh and crispy apples" I am today. BWAHAHAAHA!!!

Last edited:
Jetz said:

There are some Caravan jobs listed in here somewhere, why dont you try for that? Or, give Netjets a shot. I hear they are great at handling the negative attitudes over there.

Misery LOVES company!

Sounds like the corporate guy inferiority complex to me. Never made it to the majors and carries the never-ending grudge against those who did.

Tons of furloughed guys flying frac. Join the party until the airlines turn around.

Folks, I guess it was an inflammatory term, representing the extreme scenarios that they grill us airline types with in interviews. If I go frac I am going in as a clean slate. No, I am not a people hater, but there is a fear of the unknown, however misguided, as to what your corporate and frac guys do without that not quite hermetically sealed door I've been used to since 9-11. However, it sounds like dealing with most of the clientelle you guys have is much, much easier in a year than things our FAs in the airlines deal with in a week with the cattle cars.

Cheers

My claim of fame after flying corporate for years is helping to change an older womans diaper while crossing DBL, the FAF for Aspen while opening a bottle of wine and serving lunch all before touch down.

Fook that!

There will not be any arse kissing on my watch. We do have a lot of nutless wonders out there but then again brown nosing has never been a safety issue that I am aware of.
At NutJets its all about seniority so only a jagoff who is senior to you will get ahead, "A" teamers and former MEC members excluded. They happen to be in an untouchable range.

Latest resources

Back