kissing a... derriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
650 driver said:
Yes, we see all those airline blunders in the sim at FSI or Simuflite, they have the Delta L1011 at DFW that went thru the downburst and of course the AA chief pilot at LIT that did not make it.

We have learned alot from the airlines in terms of unstabilized approachs.

I also get a kick when I ask an airline pilot to go load 2 SUVs of bags while I go back in the FBO and take 30 mins to pay for the fuel.

thats some attitude ya got there 650

650 driver said:
And ask an airline pilot the phone number to FSS, they head for the phone book.

650: and i am corp pilot and i couldn't tell you how to contact an fss, as i haven't called an fss in at least 15 yrs. the point is to NOT try to lump people together in an attempt to marginalize them.

skyaddict: when/if you go the corp route you have to forget the past and focus on the new job. keep your expectations real. focus on the positive. and if you find yourself in a less than perfect situation---then you can change that in time. you are the master of your ship. go for it.

choppengruven said:
Umm news for ya. The hardest interview I ever had was at a fractional. Pull out a chart of KASE and see how much you really know, or KEGE,KSUN, You'll find out you forgotten more about jep charts than your mother in laws false teeth. Frac flying is totally different than airline flying and I"m not talking about kissing passengers ass. but more the fact you fly anywhere and everywhere at a moments notice or less. I flew airlines and it was always the same. But here you land at a place youve never been, file a flight plan, and take off to a place youve never been. And sleep at a place you didnt expect.

Interesting....the EASIEST interview I have ever had was at NUTJETS. Also the SHORTEST ! Hired...no problem. Ex-airline guys are definitely welcome here ! And bring your union bat...you'll need it for the next 2 to 3 years while we re-hash this contract out...or as the company goes straight OUT OF BUSINESS !

Boyz....

When are you corporate guys going to accept the airline guys... a lot of airline guys were once corporate guys. But I would be willing to bet, outside of the current environment, there are very few airline guys who would ever quit the airlines to go back to corporate (unless they were furloughed or are over 60 and have quite an impressive stable of x-wives to feed). Most (read 99%) of the career corporate guys I've flown w/ all say the same thing about the airlines.... they wish they went to "the show"... not having to suck @ss, clean the plane, be on the hook all the time, etc.

I'm not preaching to you in particular "650 driver" but your arrogance and envy are surely coming out from your last posts. I love flying the small jets around and I will even admit there are things in the corporate world that airline guys don't ever worry about, it's just the nature of the system.... that doesn't mean there is any difference in ability.... i would say the opposite.... it's harder to land an airline gig than a corporate gig... especially someone w/ 10k+ hours like you. I bet you had 5-6K+ hours and the end of the 90's when the airlines were sucking up guys left and right.... someone with your hours and so called "expertise" in the "real world" of flying would certainly have been wooed by the majors.... or maybe they did interview you and realized like the rest of us on this board that you are just a tool...........

ps- as to your comment on 121 accidents relating to unstabilized approaches????? Very low man.... there have been just as many or more accidents in the "corporate side", especially lately..... slamming anyone about bending metal is just down low ignorant and just plain rude....watch out dude: what goes around, comes around.

Skyaddict: go and "play" in the fracs... you'll have fun and occasionally you will have to deal with the a-holes like 650 driver... most of the passengers are cool and you'll do fine.... if you have the inquisitive nature to research your future moves then you are the type of guy who'll do just fine.... just bite your lip if you ever run across 650 driver b/c most of the corporate guys are not tools like him.... i've found that most corporate guys i've flown w/ accepted my airline experience with open arms and ALL of them have told me they will hunt me down and beat me if they ever heard I passed on my recall or didn't go to one of the LCC's or freight carriers if i ever got the chance.....

PSS- 650.... all of the career corporate guys I've flown w/ were also the most understanding when it came to loading, cleaning and restocking of the a/c.... they always busted their ass to help me during crunch time or just to help out.... they never would go in and watch me bust my butt while they "lounged".... you really are a tool.....

tailhookah

Last edited:
650--I'm ex-121 and I don't mind loading the back of the plane full of bags and boxes. I don't mind hauling trash or restocking the galley. It's part of the job.

But don't tell anyone which career path to take. How big an A$$hole would I have been to tell the corporate pilots who bailed out of their $35k/yr. citation jobs in the '80's and '90's for the big bucks of the airlines that they had no business doing so?

There are good and bad pilots in every sector of the business. There are a$$holes in every sector, too. I think we've verified that.

fido--excellent attitude. Thanks.TC

Latest resources

Back