• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

kissing a... derriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I don't like when guys start character assassinations on this board but you leave me no out..... first) I don't like ALPA.... I think ALPA has gotten too big, too out of touch with reality but,...... the current situation w/ the airlines is not labor's fault anymore. Labor has given and given and the majors are still losing way too much money.... this now points to an inept and greedy management system who has been too busy taking steam baths at the country club over a martini lunch while they scheme to set up an exit strategy for their golden parachutes....when a company is in ch11 and labor has given to the extreme and the company continues to loose 1-3 million A DAY, you can't point your finger at labor. If you do (and you are) then it shows your ignorance. Second) learn proper grammar and spelling... I said I would never assassinate anyone on this board for spelling or grammar but if you are in an argument with someone at least get your grammar close to acceptable standards. If everyone in corporate aviation was like you it would've failed years ago.... I will put you in the "exception" category. I've flown with a lot of corporate guys/girls and you are not even in their (not there) league......

tail........

I have flown on both sides, airline and corporate. Is one better than the other? I don't think so. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I did notice one thing they both have in common, though. There is always a small percentage in both groups that feel they are god's gift to aviation. I see a small handful of pilots at the airlines that think that corporate aviators are subpar, and I see about the same percentage at the corporate level that feel airline pilots are egotistical. One thing that both of these inferior feeling pilots have in common is that they are usually the weak and unprofessional of the group. They have to have there way or they start crying. They are quick to point out how they are superior, but they don't listen to other peoples ideas and try to improve themselves. A lot of times the "bad" captains share this attitude. They are the ones that cut corners and break rules, all the while accusing other pilots of not being as professional or talented. I don't know 650, but I bet he is one of those types. Fellas, we are all in the same profession here. We all fly airplanes for a living. You can argue all day and night about who has the hardest job or who is the best pilot, but it basically comes down to one thing. We fly airplanes, fly in the same airspace, and try not to die or kill anyone else. Some people still watch Top Gun too much and feel all pilots should try to out do the others. Funny to watch these guys! Next time you meet one of these types, try to get him started. If he is airline, tell him corporate is better, and vice versa. Hey 650, Airline pilots are better! LOL

Very well said, JJthejetplane. I have seen the same thing at every level. Military pilots who view civies as weak sissies or civilians who military ones as authoritarian automatons, part 61 trained vs part 141 trained, the list goes on and on of the labels and generalizations that groups of aviators try to come up with to rationalize that they are superior, when the fact is we all fly airplanes and we all have people with good and people with bad attitudes.

650 is another one of those, "nobody worth a crap hired me, so I will pay $10k for my frac job !" The same guy/gal who will say, "I decided to make Nutjets a career, and it turns out I was right." Nobody had a 9/11 crystal ball but everybody understands that you have ALWAYS been an extremely LOW PAID FLIGHT HO' Mister Nutjets 650 "driver."

I have the list of all major airline pilots that have intentionally left that nasty 121 job for the "dream frac" job...it is posted below.

-End-

Last edited:
Because I was searching for something specific, and ran across this one. Why are you reading a 3 year old thread?

Flew corporate with a Delta furlough. Scared the bejeezes out of me several times. If it ain't 10000 feet long he's gonna scare you. And god help ya on the circle to land at Hilton Head, Jeesuus.

Latest resources

Back