• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I prefer the 17 consecutive day lines. Split lines lose at least one extra day to commuting.

I thought you guys are home based? Is the DH that starts / ends a trip not counted as one of the 17 days of work? How does commuting work over there?

I thought you guys are home based? Is the DH that starts / ends a trip not counted as one of the 17 days of work? How does commuting work over there?

We are home based. You can live anywhere in the lower 48 and the company buys you a ticket. You usually start on the east coast but it depends. We have guys that live in HNL and ANC that don't have issues. You have to be in position by 5Z on the 1st and have to be home at your resident airport by 23:59Z on the 17th. Yeah, sometimes you have to come out a day ahead of time. It's kind of a grey area we're working on right now.

you work 17 zulu days. If they're consecutive they span 18 calendar days, if they're split they span 19 calendar days.
We are home based. My base is DEN. If I work the 1-17 I have to be at DEN 6pm on the 31st and get back to DEN 6pm on the 17th.

Does Kalitta have a daily min? Someone told me that you get paid about 4 hours a day even if you dont fly while on the road, so if you have 3 days sitting in Hong Kong, you get 12 hours. Is that true?

Does Kalitta have a daily min? Someone told me that you get paid about 4 hours a day even if you dont fly while on the road, so if you have 3 days sitting in Hong Kong, you get 12 hours. Is that true?

Only for lineholders and only if you're given a reserve status for the day. The company will sometimes issue a 1&7 (24hrs free every 7 days FAR) to get around paying it.

You get 3.65 hours if you are assigned an R3 (8 hours to call back, 12 hours to fly). This 3.65 is applied toward guarantee not above it. It only helps if your pay is over guarantee for the month. In order to get the 3.65, you have to have a hard line (not reserve) and be off of your line. Most everyone is always off their line. I have been here 6 years and have never been on my line for the whole month.

That sounds like a good deal. I have a friend who has an upcoming interview...i am happy for him since he has been out of work for quite awhile, curious as to how soon they tell you the outcome and when the next class might be?

thanks

That sounds like a good deal. I have a friend who has an upcoming interview...i am happy for him since he has been out of work for quite awhile, curious as to how soon they tell you the outcome and when the next class might be?

thanks

There is a class starting Monday. There are also people in the pool for a class in either November or January, as yet to be decided. They have been interviewing pretty steadily past several weeks.

There is a new hire -200 class of 10 now that started last week, and a -400 class that started today with 8 new hires in it.

4 -400 CA upgrades join them next Monday for systems.

There is a new hire -200 class of 10 now that started last week, and a -400 class that started today with 8 new hires in it.

4 -400 CA upgrades join them next Monday for systems.

Update:
Sorry the -200 class started 4 weeks ago.

Latest resources

Back