• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pushed back a bit, but I doubt long term change. The 400's are now going out for rebid. The JAL Bankruptcy court probably changed their collective minds, again.

Yeah, figured that was going to happen, however, Connie is probably the best at "wheelin and dealin"! He will get more airplanes on the property!

Yeah, figured that was going to happen, however, Connie is probably the best at "wheelin and dealin"! He will get more airplanes on the property!

Someone on a different thread said UPS just bought all or most (?) of the JAL Cargo 744Fs that were for sale. I have no idea if that is correct, but I bet they could out bid you thanks to their $850 million profit LAST QUARTER.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The JAL purchase had nothing to do with UPS, so far as the Kalitta airplanes went. National took the bid, then lost it due to lack of financing. The JAL approached Kalitta, and now due to other factors, the airplanes have gone back up for bid.

Did you guys just buy 12 ex NWA 747-200Fs sitting in Marana?

Bye Bye---General Lee

deleted

drunk post

Last edited:
Those old NWA whales had all seen better days. My guess is that they'll all be used for spare parts.
Some are not that old (for classics) and are R powered. Those R and Q powered aircraft will be put to work if they pass inspection. The rest will be used for parts or sold to other customers.

Latest resources

Back