• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still no job posting on their website. Is [email protected] a good link to send a resume?

Does a guy with 3500TT, 1500mil (KC135), 1500 121, 500TPIC stand a chance?

The CP is kinda partial to most military pilots, although he categorically does hate Marines in general! :laugh:

Just Kidding.
Thats ok - I crossed into the blue..... well, mostly... :cool:

During a "normal" month, what have some of you Kalitta guys been crediting? With 17 day trips, do you get the rest of the month off? Any QOL issues?

Thanks!!!

85 hours per month since being recalled. Three of those months were in training at 62, so when flying more than 85. I hit 85 last month during the "slow" period.

How're schedules? I thought I read somewhere that you 'owe' 17 days of the month to the airline. So does that mean 17 on, 13 (or 14) off? In a row? Or can it be 7 on, 7 off, or even less, 5 on, couple off, etc?

They publish bid lines and you get what your seniority can hold. Lately, half the lines have been 17 consecutive days, the other half split. Some of the split lines have 1-6 reserve days at the beginning of the month and the rest of the shift is a hard line later in the month. Other split lines have 2 hard lines such as 6 and 11, 7 and 10, or 8 and 9. Contract says you have to have 5 days off between shifts. Usually if you get a hard line you don't fly it, just the awarded days on / days off.

I prefer the 17 consecutive day lines. Split lines lose at least one extra day to commuting.

May, July, Aug, Oct, Dec have 31 days (14 days off), all the rest have 30 (13 off)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back