• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just passed on NetJets class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This place is amazing!! I am having a blast. I feel that once word gets out a little more about how we are treated over here the US will be losing many more pilots to this part of the world.

Maybe in a few years you may regret going to Dubai, but I am sure in the meantime, you will be getting more Russian and Eastern European action than anyone else here

Hmmm, they got any Helo jobs out there?

I think there is a thread called "Jobs in Dubai" in the helo section. I haven't checked it out because I'm not a helo guy (large rotating wings scare me), but you might find something in there.

PPrune is another good place if you can weed your way through all the whining and swearing.

Skyward80

Take the job and don't look back. Life is an adventure to be enjoyed. Netjets is the conservative choice but all these guys that are telling you that you are crazy act like everyone should kneel at the alter called Netjets. Everyone seems to forget the time before the pay raise at NJ. I know people that wouldn't have looked twice at NJ. Now all of sudden me you and every other aviator is supposed to drink the koolaid. I don't think so. NJ I'm sure is great job but they are not the only skirt at the party. Enjoy yourself in the Middle East it is a experience of a lifetime.

Take the job and don't look back. Life is an adventure to be enjoyed. Netjets is the conservative choice but all these guys that are telling you that you are crazy act like everyone should kneel at the alter called Netjets. Everyone seems to forget the time before the pay raise at NJ. I know people that wouldn't have looked twice at NJ. Now all of sudden me you and every other aviator is supposed to drink the koolaid. I don't think so. NJ I'm sure is great job but they are not the only skirt at the party. Enjoy yourself in the Middle East it is a experience of a lifetime.

I have to second that motion.

The latest?

What's the latest? Job? Women? Living conditions? Initial impressions? Call to prayer? Any trips? Where did you go?

If you make it to Jordan, go to Petra. Unforgetable.

Have you taken any photos on the ramp yet? Don't!

We're all living vicariously through you! Give us an update.

Me HPN-IAD-PBI

Tomorrow:
PBI-MCN-ABQ-LAS

Yawn.

Maybe I am crazy, but I had a class coming up with NetJets and I turned it down, actually talked with Dorinda today and told her that I would not be accecpting a position in the company. I had a job offer out in Dubai an I am going to take it, they are a newer fractional BEX-air http://www.bexair.com/ I was feeling pretty secure with my decision earlier, but I know that I am going to have a tough time sleeping tonight.
What do you guys think? Am I crazy? I am single, and have really nothing tying me down here in Chicago, I will be working six weeks in Dubai, then four weeks off, they will buy me a ticket to and from Dubai during all of my four week off stretches, starting pay is 12,500 a month, and 100 dollars a day per-diem for every day that you are not on your 4 week off stretch, plus 35,000 a year for living expenses.
Anyone done anything like this before? I am nervous.
You deffinitely don't want to look back in 10 years and say "I wish I tried that UAE gig..."

Money isn't everything, but it helps! And at the very least, you'll walk away from this with some stories...and a huge pile of cash!

Good luck man.

I stated my opinion on his decision based on my experiences in aviation... in this business rarely are there bonus points for going out on an "young adventurous journey" to find your career.... It happens, but not often... With that said and in reference to the above quote... He is going to be living in Dubai, but flying to some of the most GOD FORSAKEN places on earth... and yes there is a danger of him being put in a Syrian, Egyptian prision... Look at the World Airways crew that got stranded in Angola when they went on strike and the company quit paying the hotel bill and the security detail walked away... these guys were stuck in the middle of a tribal war with NOTHING... :uzi: :crying:

I wish you the best of luck

"but there is time. And to those that totter on the brink, my advice is to go and climb the mountains of life,and do so while you are young and you will be happy at sixty." Simon Murry. from Legionaire

You made the right choice, go live life and don't worry what the borring people say.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back