• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just like a 150...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forward slip? So, what exactly is the difference between a forward slip and a slip of the side variety? Is there a backward slip? Quartering slip? Upward slip?

Sorry, its a pet peeve.

Forward slip? So, what exactly is the difference between a forward slip and a slip of the side variety? Is there a backward slip? Quartering slip? Upward slip?

Sorry, its a pet peeve.

That really bothers you?!?! Sorry to hear that. :p I suggest you call the FAA and see what you can do to get the term changed.

One is an accepted technique for crosswind landings and the other is what Dash-8 pilots who think they are really cool do.

I agree too.

I was on an MD-88 that started to do S-turns on final and it freaked out a bunch of passengers. One lady even screamed out loud.

We have plenty of passengers on our flights that are afraid to fly, so go have fun on your days off with airplanes.

The screams are part of the fun. :).

In Barry Schiff's video, he says he used to slip the L1011!

If only it had large whirling discs that could be adjusted to increase drag...

Exactly. When I flew the Brasilia, if you needed more drag than that offered by flaps 45, gear down, and condition levers max, I'd say you done effed up real bad. Maybe the Q400 is a lot more slippery than the old Bro?

Latest resources

Back