Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a friendly reminder to Skywest Folks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand you guys are excited about recent events between your company and mine. But for the few of you that have wanted to sit in the jumpseat when there are plenty of seats in the back and then proceed to talk about how you just want to "look things over" has got to stop. You are only wearing out your jumpseat welcome as some of our colleagues are potentially looking at a furlough. Very unprofessional of you. This has only happened to me once, but I have heard it from other captains and FO's. Please be respectful. That is all.

- An XJT Pilot
Are you kidding me? Good lord people come on that's rediculous. Let them work and complain if they want to. I don't want people coming into my jumpseat saying lets discuss things, no I'm here to work and go home let them be.

If this is happening at all it may be that SkyWest pilots want to get a good look at an ERJ because there are strong indications that we will have ERJ's soon (not necessarily from XJT). They are probably just trying to get a feel for the ERJ in case a transition opportunity comes along. I can't blame you XJT guys for being paranoid because the future of your company seems uncertain. On the other hand, SkyWest Inc has many irons in the fire right now leaving SkyWest pilots uncertain about their future career path as well.

Regardless of what was intended, a comment such as that is disrespectful and arrogant given the current situation between the two companies.

Even I, Mr. Joe-Shmoe corporate pilot, understand this.

Last edited:
It's not flame bait at all. It's happening. I wish it wasn't. If I was trying to bait someone, I wouldn't have worded things as delicately and professionally as I did.

Honestly, it seems pretty far-fetched. But I'm a SKW pilot, and would be quite embarassed if this actually happened. I'd be amazed if it happened more than once.

If you don't mind, please PM me the guy's name...I'll keep it 100% confidential, but maybe I know the guy, or I'll ask around discreetly and see if this is the kind of guy who might actually do something like this. I'll report back either way.

Thanks

I understand you guys are excited about recent events between your company and mine. But for the few of you that have wanted to sit in the jumpseat when there are plenty of seats in the back and then proceed to talk about how you just want to "look things over" has got to stop. You are only wearing out your jumpseat welcome as some of our colleagues are potentially looking at a furlough. Very unprofessional of you. This has only happened to me once, but I have heard it from other captains and FO's. Please be respectful. That is all.

- An XJT Pilot

I agree. That is indeed a classless, thoughtless thing to ask to sit in jump to check out the operation given the XJT pilots' situation. But I am sure this would happen if the roles were reversed too. I would wager every airline has at least a few of these types- only thinking about themselves and not understanding the consequences of their actions-getting caught up in the excitement, etcc.. . SkyWest just happens to be in an exciting position in an not too exciting period in the industry. Don't fault a young pilot's excitement because alot don't quite get the picture. They will mature and learn someday. The captain could politely give them his point of view of the situation, then maybe the jumpseater would understand a little better. But if the jumpseater new better, like 99% of SKYW would, then he can eat sh!t!!

rickair7777

please forward me the info if you get it. my bet is you won't.

If SKYW INC did buy XJT why would seniority list ever merge? ASA is ALPA and SKYW is not, they are not merged? If XJT was stapled to the top or bottom of either list it would create HUGE displacements with HUGE training cost. Does anyone really think that St George would ever let that happen? Now if SKYW INC does buy XJT I am sure there will be layoffs at XJT due to branded flying going away but from what I understand that operation is being reduced as we speak anyhow. The only people to be truly screwed buy SKYW INC buying XJT are those employed in the XJT management department, but honestly who cares about them anyhow! Im sure their golden parachutes will save them.

People need to understand SKYW INC is not SKYW Airlines. It is a capital group that owns other companies. There is ZERO possibility of SkyWest Airlines buying anything other than a ground power cart.

And as far as some 'alleged' SKYW pilots talking ******************** about getting additional flying at the expense of others I call bull********************. Almost every pilot here came from one of the other carriers, they get it.

Last edited:
If SKYW INC did buy XJT why would seniority list ever merge? ASA is ALPA and SKYW is not, they are not merged? If XJT was stapled to the top or bottom of either list it would create HUGE displacements with HUGE training cost. Does anyone really think that St George would ever let that happen? Now if SKYW INC does buy XJT I am sure there will be layoffs at XJT due to branded flying going away but from what I understand that operation is being reduced as we speak anyhow. The only people to be truly screwed buy SKYW INC buying XJT are those employed in the XJT management department, but honestly who cares about them anyhow! Im sure their golden parachutes will save them.

People need to understand SKYW INC is not SKYW Airlines. It is a capital group that owns other companies. There is ZERO possibility of SkyWest Airlines buying anything other than a ground power cart.

And as far as some 'alleged' SKYW pilots talking ******************** about getting additional flying at the expense of others I call bull********************. Almost every pilot here came from one of the other carriers, they get it.

Plain and simple. XJT pilots contract provides a scope clause that protects all the flying, airframes, and forces a merger of any airlines owned by the holdings company. merger of seniority lists, most probably DOH. Consequences, SKYW becomes ALPA, XJT contract prevails, better rates, better vaction time, etc....

While I think this type of behavior is disgusting, I also think this post is BS, just flamebait. I highly doubt anyone from Skywest is acting this way, atleast to the degree this post makes it to be.

Who should we bash tomorrow?

You are wrong. It's happening, it happened on my flight just two days ago.

You are wrong. It's happening, it happened on my flight just two days ago.

please PM me the name of the pilot who "wanted to sit in the jumpseat when there are plenty of seats in the back" and I'll post results here of what he/she has to say about it.

Im a Skywest pilot and i agree with that. It's disappointing that there are any furloughs at any airline.

If Skwest aquires XJ, I hope we all get treated fairly and both companies can become stronger with no furloughs.

I really do appreciate your mature attitude about this, but . . . . would you at least know who you're talking about - XJ is Mesaba. You can buy them if you want.

Latest resources

Back