Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a friendly reminder to Skywest Folks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no clue what you mean here, but SkyWest has at least 4 more years of certainty under its' belt. Their first contract expires in 2013.

Whew, a contract! Crisis averted.

Oh, wait...
Maybe not.
Never mind.

I've never been one to refer to the OO pilot group by the usual beverage-related slight, but you need a serious reality check if you're still using the word "certainty" in this industry.

Last edited:
Can he at least spell "lose" properly? As in, not spelling it "loose"?

What??? Huh??? Ich verstehe kein Wort. What the h*11 are you talking about Willis???

While I think this type of behavior is disgusting, I also think this post is BS, just flamebait. I highly doubt anyone from Skywest is acting this way, atleast to the degree this post makes it to be.

Who should we bash tomorrow?

Unfortunately it's true. It's happened to me, i told him to sit in the back.

Whew, a contract! Crisis averted.

Oh, wait...
Never mind.

I've never been one to refer to the OO pilot group by the usual beverage-related slight, but you need a serious reality check if you're still using the word "certainty" in this industry.

Yes, I see your point, contracts with majors are the same as contracts with LCCs. Thanks.

What??? Huh??? Ich verstehe kein Wort. What the h*11 are you talking about Willis???

I shouldn't even have to explain this to you, but....

Lose - as in, "I hope no one will lose any flying."

Loose - as in, "I hope there's no loose language in your contract."

Quite a few of you are unsure which word to use, and when, on almost a daily basis. I was insinuating that this should be a prerequisite for being hired and was meant purely in jest.

Yes, I see your point, contracts with majors are the same as contracts with LCCs. Thanks.

No, I'm saying that these "iron-clad" contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on in the current environment. Do you think any of us are immune?

No, I'm saying that these "iron-clad" contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on in the current environment. Do you think any of us are immune?

I agree, nothing is iron-clad certain in this industry. But, you then can agree that SkyWest, Inc. is "most likely" the best situated regional right now and that was my main point.

I agree, nothing is iron-clad certain in this industry. But, you then can agree that SkyWest, Inc. is "most likely" the best situated regional right now and that was my main point.
Yeah, and last month everyone was saying RAH was. You may remember certain members of our pilot group (no doubt stricken with anal glaucoma) bragging about our six "secure" code share contracts. Didn't take long to change, did it?

I agree, SKW probably is the most secure code share regional right now. That's kind of like winning a wet t-shirt contest in a mastectomy ward.

Back to the topic though, If these are actual events rather than the usual inflammatory rumors, then that's some pretty shameless predatory behavior that is a massive slap to the face for a pilot group that has enough to worry about anyway.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back