• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Junior Positions by Base Combined NWA/DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" I am just another kid that spent a lot of time at the airport and wanted to fly a jet with a black nose."

Well, I guess that's better than wanting to fly a jet with a BROWN-NOSE ...which seems to be very prevalent these days.

( You guys give me too much ammo. STOP...You're killing me. But seriously, I just flew in from Alquippa, and boy are my arms..)

YK JADH

Last edited:
By doing what - bidding what their senioity can hold?
How are you going to prevent it? Let me guess - you will be one of those little weasles who call the CP and rat out their fellow crew members for not dotting every i or crossing every t? They've seen your kind before.

This airline - all of us - is going to be a much stronger company than either could have been indivdually. We each bring unique strengths and culture to the mix - and that is what it will be - a mix of cultures. If you don't think NWA has a great pilot group you will be suprised. The sooner you get over your xenophobia and corporate racism the happier you will be. We all gained and all lost something in this SLI. Where and how much is in the eyes of the beholder.

For someone who claims to have been in the business a while you seem to have a very little understanding of just how volatile and unpredictable it can be. Fortunes of companies and careers are largely out of your hands, and is more luck and timing than anything. 30 yrs ago there was TWA and PAA and everyone else was an "also ran".

Relax, it's out of your hands, and you have a bright future ahead of you even if it involves a displacement or base move - hopefully it won't. Best to be planning your bidding strategy in both directions - that goes for anyone.

Very good post Fly4hire. I think many people at former NW and Delta would benefit from this wisdom.

And General Lee, since we should all "move on" can you please stop using the pre-SLI, Delta union spin statement that Delta aquired Northwest? I think intelligent people realize that you don't really aquire a company that has more cash on hand then them. Most people, including the arbitrators, understand that this was a "merger of equals", with Delta keeping the name and headquarters. It would go a long way with us former NW pilots because we feel that saying we were "aquired" is condescending and frankly, insults our intelligence.

"As far as what NWA brings to the table and the SLI, it is all over. There is nothing you nor I can do about it. I think we are a better airline now after acquiring NWA. You can dwell on the perceived shortfalls you supposedly received, or you can finally move on. If you were more senior, you might not feel as you do now (I feel I did well overall)." - General Lee

Very good post Fly4hire. I think many people at former NW and Delta would benefit from this wisdom.

And General Lee, since we should all "move on" can you please stop using the pre-SLI, Delta union spin statement that Delta aquired Northwest? I think intelligent people realize that you don't really aquire a company that has more cash on hand then them. Most people, including the arbitrators, understand that this was a "merger of equals", with Delta keeping the name and headquarters. It would go a long way with us former NW pilots because we feel that saying we were "aquired" is condescending and frankly, insults our intelligence.

Give it a break. DAL acquired NWA, I don't have to say it, GL doesn't have to say it, Wall Street said it, and all the legal documents reflect an acquisition, not a merger of equals, even the MSP and DTW newspapers call it an acquisition. DAL acquired NWA. Please no more flamebait.

Give it a break. DAL acquired NWA, I don't have to say it, GL doesn't have to say it, Wall Street said it, and all the legal documents reflect an acquisition, not a merger of equals, even the MSP and DTW newspapers call it an acquisition. DAL acquired NWA. Please no more flamebait.

And at the end of the day it does not matter. Each of us got our Seniority number and a joint contract. Lets move on.

" I think a lot of fractional pilots were hired a few years ago. That's why the fractionals were hiring."

THAT...is a Helluva' statement.

You can set your watch by that one.

YKMKR

Do try to keep up.

Put downs are just not your thing. I'm sure it's much funnier when your wife does it to you.

deleted

Why even respond you guys....

Latest resources

Back