• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Junior Positions by Base Combined NWA/DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Care to elaborate on that statement? Are you suggesting there will be some sort of retribution exacted if FNWA pilots exercise their contractual seniority to bid on an AE?

As a DAL newbie I can understand your frustration at the thought of all those more senior pilots bidding on top of you, however as others have mentioned getting hired into the 76ER was an aberration, not the norm, and you best recognize it as such and deal with it.

Let me give you a piece of friendly advice - for your own career advancement I would very strongly suggest you refrain from veiled threats towards FNWA pre-merger pilots regardless of how you feel about the SLI.

Can some more seasoned DAL types please take jetjockey behind the wood-shed for some "counseling" for his own good?
Silence dude. You will be the one learning Delta Culture not the other way around. Stop building a mole hill out of nothing. no one cares what about your opinion apart from your wife and it is a free world joker.;) welcome aboard senior here DOH and seniority does not make that much of a difference and gives you zero rights over my career.:D You will realize that soon enough. this is not high school. We have 3 star Generals as First officers. A joker like you will always be ranked lower in my eyes even if you wear captain bars and sat on my leftside. the General has more of my respect!

Last edited:
Definitely. When you condone threats from DAL new hires to FNWA pilots it's a little disconcerting.

No one threaten anyone stop acting the drama queen. You guys are the dudes who do all the threatening. Calling the fact that new hires are in an ER an insane situation. What a bunch of small minded guys. What is the big deal. it is just an airplane. we have guys in British airways, Lufthansa, etc just out of school on a B747.
That is positive change and should be encouraged. it makes Delta a more desirable Airline. any wonder no one cared to apply to northwest airlines. who wants to fly a DC9 except he gets displaced into that old work horse or should I say junk. I hope one day the oldest airplane on our fleet was the B767 for the most junior guys. that is were the Old Delta was headed. An all boeing fleet.
But we have to make the best of the present situation and believe me we are not crying. We are not scared of displacements or whatever comes next and we are surely not scared of Northwest pilots with their super seniority. If you can wear my boots you are welcome to try it on. I am sure if I am forced into your boots I will manage it alright.;)
Chippy what a name, sounds like a bird. Reminds me of a small noisy bird:laugh:
welcome aboard FNWA or NDAL all this names. I keep it simple welcome new hire.:D

Last edited:
Put me into that line too. 320/9 whatever it takes to get MEM.

You dont want MEM on the bus believe me! Crabby captains, bad trips, scarebus flying, early shows, late finishes, no movement, etc. I hear the DC9 is great though ;) Good ole boy southern captains, they buy all your beer (more so than General Lee) and meals, late shows, early finishes, great overnights, and you get to fly a classic airliner that shakes Everything in sight when you take off. You'll love it ;)

Hey voice of whining, shouldn't you be over on the fractional forum pissing off the Net Jets guys?
It seems you're liked as little there as you are here!:laugh:

Definitely. When you condone threats from DAL new hires to FNWA pilots it's a little disconcerting.

I don't think they were threats, rather nervousness from junior people. There is NOTHING they could do about being displaced, and in reality they would be displaced by Delta pilots, not FNWA pilots. It happened after 9-11 when we lost planes, and after the BK when we lost more planes. People were displaced to all of the bases. When Delta decides to place certain planes in new bases, they can bid those too along with everyone else. Seniority will rule. The no bump and flush rule will not apply to senior DL pilots bumping junior DL pilots, and that is something these junior guys will have to understand. Nothing personal.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've tried, but it seems not to work. He doesn't realize that he could be bumped out of ATL by his OWN group, not necessarily the FNWA group.(Also, we are ALL ONE BIG GROUP now anyways, no way around that) I have heard there will be a displacement bid coming up in JAN since we are short on MD88 FOs in ATL, and fat on 76FOs. Then, if we move planes around from base to base, more senior DL people in ATL could bump him to stay in the area. If he gets bumped up to JFK or CVG forexample, it would be colder there (maybe not as cold as MSP) than ATL too. This business is never certain.

JETJOCKEY, listen to me. There is not a lot you can control here, and making weird statements will not help your situation. Hopefully you will get to stay in ATL on your current equipment. It may not turn out that way, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You know GL, I have stated the fact that I have no qualms about being bumped by a DAL pilot. I got hired at DAL by choice not by necessity. I was already flying for a legacy before DAL, and decided on DAL because the bases and the A/C. So, yes it does pisssedd me off when I hear NWA pilots talking about how they got screwed, and in the same sentence asking about the ER schedules, DAL bases, etc. Once again, I came to DAL by choice, if I would've thought I was going to be based in a northern base flying god knows what, I would've stayed put. DAL is the best legacy hands down, that's why I am here, and I am not ready to let NWA pilots diminish the great attributes of this airline, and how much better their life is going to be because of DAL. I guess after hearing Whitehurst list all the reasons why merging with NWA would be such a nightmare, it's hard to accept it.

And by the way, of all people I really don't think you are the ideal person to offer some counseling, with your pompous attitude towards just about everybody who doesn't layover in Sao Paulo, or Paris. I find your comments very entertaining, but somebody not as understanding as I am might think you are just a prick.

Happy New Year.

Latest resources

Back