• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Junior Positions by Base Combined NWA/DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will be more than happy to displace to MSP or DTW. I am sure that I will get my chance in the coming year!

You are right - it's terrible here. Stay away, save yourselves! :cartman: I'm not sure who will be left to fly here after everyone bids down to ATL. :bomb:

Delta pilots forced to move up there. Hopefully most NWA pilots will realize it's not in their best interest to move to a DAL base and they will stay put, and oh yes, ACL65 will join you guys. Maybe you two can go ice fishing sometime in -15 degree weather. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Delta pilots forced to move up there. Hopefully most NWA pilots will realize it's not in their best interest to move to a DAL base and they will stay put, and oh yes, ACL65 will join you guys. Maybe you two can go ice fishing sometime in -15 degree weather. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I would like to stay in my base but who knows if my plane will get moved out of my base? Do you know which planes and bases will be where and available? :confused:

Bottom line is NONE of us know exactly where our planes and bases will be and how much they will resemble what we have now. Time will tell. You DAL guys may have to switch bases and we newb DAL guys may have to switch bases. Mother DAL will be dealing the cards soon. ;)

Delta pilots forced to move up there. Hopefully most NWA pilots will realize it's not in their best interest to move to a DAL base and they will stay put

Are threats going to be part of the culture by the premerger old DL side?

Nothing like resurrecting the USAir/AWA mentality after all the "hard work" to create the illusion of the opposite for you guys.

Your MECs need to nip this kind of threat in the bud, or you can look forward to similar downward spiral.

Care to elaborate on that statement? Are you suggesting there will be some sort of retribution exacted if FNWA pilots exercise their contractual seniority to bid on an AE?

As a DAL newbie I can understand your frustration at the thought of all those more senior pilots bidding on top of you, however as others have mentioned getting hired into the 76ER was an aberration, not the norm, and you best recognize it as such and deal with it.

Let me give you a piece of friendly advice - for your own career advancement I would very strongly suggest you refrain from veiled threats towards FNWA pre-merger pilots regardless of how you feel about the SLI.

Can some more seasoned DAL types please take jetjockey behind the wood-shed for some "counseling" for his own good?

Last edited:
Care to elaborate on that statement? Are you suggesting there will be some sort of retribution exacted if FNWA pilots exercise their contractual seniority to bid on an AE?

As a DAL newbie I can understand your frustration at the thought of all those more senior pilots bidding on top of you, however as others have mentioned getting hired into the 76ER was an aberration, not the norm, and you best recognize it as such and deal with it.

Let me give you a piece of friendly advice - for your own career advancement I would very strongly suggest you refrain from veiled threats towards FNWA pre-merger pilots regardless of how you feel about the SLI.

Can some more seasoned DAL types please take jetjockey behind the wood-shed for some "counseling" for his own good?

I've tried, but it seems not to work. He doesn't realize that he could be bumped out of ATL by his OWN group, not necessarily the FNWA group.(Also, we are ALL ONE BIG GROUP now anyways, no way around that) I have heard there will be a displacement bid coming up in JAN since we are short on MD88 FOs in ATL, and fat on 76FOs. Then, if we move planes around from base to base, more senior DL people in ATL could bump him to stay in the area. If he gets bumped up to JFK or CVG forexample, it would be colder there (maybe not as cold as MSP) than ATL too. This business is never certain.

JETJOCKEY, listen to me. There is not a lot you can control here, and making weird statements will not help your situation. Hopefully you will get to stay in ATL on your current equipment. It may not turn out that way, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I agree with the General. When they move the 88's and ER out of ATL it will be Pre-merger DAL guys that will down bid to work where they live that displace the bottom 300-400 from ATL. There will be some NWA guys that come in but all of those ER FO's that do not commute will go to the 767 and guess what, those guys will be flying the 88 out of MSP. That is how that will work.
Some will go with the jets, but the majority will not. I know if I wanted to keep ATL my home, I would bid down, but once the market improves I plan to move either way. I will take a MD if needed. I have to qualms about this. Seniority is everything, and if you do not have a lot of it, the next five years will be interesting to say the least. That is why they say, being senior on junior equipment is the best way to go.
If they move the 765 to NYC things will get real ugly!

I agree with the General. When they move the 88's and ER out of ATL it will be Pre-merger DAL guys that will down bid to work where they live that displace the bottom 300-400 from ATL.

So what is the word on where the 88's would be going? MSP? Best guess.

Are threats going to be part of the culture by the premerger old DL side?

Nothing like resurrecting the USAir/AWA mentality after all the "hard work" to create the illusion of the opposite for you guys.

Your MECs need to nip this kind of threat in the bud, or you can look forward to similar downward spiral.
Quiet dude

Latest resources

Back