• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseating and the forward lav....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm - it might be nice to pile on- but none of you have answered his actual question yet and haven't recognized that he did comply-

I think its a fair question the second way you worded it skydiver- but I don't know the answer-

So let me change the scenario-

What if the FA was a friend or girlfriend- and wanted you up there to chit chat- could you legally? Or would Mr FAA or ms TSA catching a ride have issues with it?

Anyone-

Jesus people- it's been acknowledged we're guests as jump seaters- that's not the question-

He is a PILOT, in the galley,(spotlight, as far as pax are concerned) and he knows it..everyone needs to know who he is ,, what he does, what he has, how great he is!

Aha! It's really Jenny Leigh! In her make believe pilot outfit.

Umm - it might be nice to pile on- but none of you have answered his actual question yet and haven't recognized that he did comply-

I think its a fair question the second way you worded it skydiver- but I don't know the answer-

So let me change the scenario-

What if the FA was a friend or girlfriend- and wanted you up there to chit chat- could you legally? Or would Mr FAA or ms TSA catching a ride have issues with it?

Exactly. Let's say she's my sister, and hasn't talked to me in a couple of weeks. She invites me to the forward galley to talk. Then, her co-worker says that I can't be there because passengers can't congregate there. Then my sister tells the other FA that I'm a crewmember.

I never heard that FA's are in CASS, but they still can't ride in the cockpit. And, I've left the cockpit in flight several times to sit in the back for the rest of the flight. This has nothing to do with my uniform, or anything else except the legality of who can stand in the galley. I'm sure everyone would agree that I could do this on my own airline. And if I can't, why is it that I can't have alcohol when I'm jumpseating? Isn't it because I'm considered crew?

Last edited:
Anyone-

Jesus people- it's been acknowledged we're guests as jump seaters- that's not the question-

Yes, we are guests. But we are also ACM, or additional crew members. I didn't argue with anyone. She wanted me there. YOU are one of the ones who doesn't seem to understand the question. I just want to know if it's legal. If you don't know the answer, changing the subject won't help anything.

The only reason I mentioned I was in uniform was because it would not make the passengers think it was okay to break the rules. Why does this seem so difficult to answer?

Last edited:
So if he's in uniform, OAL jump seating, standing in from of the cockpit door, wearing a reserve parachute with an expired packing date, no hat but with a tie, talking to the FA and the other ask him to leave, does he have to?

Yes, we are guests. But we are also ACM, or additional crew members. I didn't argue with anyone. She wanted me there. YOU are one of the ones who doesn't seem to understand the question. I just want to know if it's legal. If you don't know the answer, changing the subject won't help anything.

The only reason I mentioned I was in uniform was because it would not make the passengers think it was okay to break the rules. Why does this seem so difficult to answer?

Dude--you're berating the wrong guy.

Wave is the only one sticking up for you. He wasn't changing the subject like you thought; he was reiterating your actual legality question for the others who were piling on. He was saying that, yes, we all know OAL jumpseaters are guests, but that doesn't change the legality.

I realize that most of the people on this thread were having fun at your expense, but you might want to actually read a specific reply before taking umbrage. You know?

Bubba

Haha, thanks bubba, I had to read that twice...what the...
I'm starting to think nobody's answering because in the 65 other posts skydiver was a d/ck so nobody cares-

I get your question homeboy. I promise I do. But now I'm in the category of not caring too. Good work. ;) not a hater though so if I run across the answer easy, I'll let you know- peace out -

Mr Skydiverdriver enjoys messing with people in these threads, and his victims are all too often eager to take the bait. He's similar to InstructorDude, but not quite as blatant or obvious. A very sly fellow.

hehe The joys of checking in on FlightInfo. :nuts:

It is simple. ACM or not, you are a guest. Regarding legal: legal is what ever the flight attendant tells you to do. Simply put - Shut Up and Sit Down. You are an embarrassment to us all.

Bob

Latest resources

Back