• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Opening, Air Wisconsin CRJ First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The day I interviewed at AWAC there were 6 other people there. My resume was the least impressive of the bunch. The others had more experience, some had previous 121 and jet experience to my none. 2 of us were hired...one with the 121 experience and me. The other 4 got the dreaded rejection letter in spite of being far more qualified than I was. All they were looking for was attitude and very little else. The technical portion was almost non-existant. All they're asking themselves in the interview is "would I enjoy flying a 4-day trip or an entire month with this guy?" Not much else...A good attitude, personality and honesty.

What he left out is that he paid $25k for a commercial PIC type rating on the CL65 and got hired with 400 hours TT due to the size of his wallet (Air Wisconsin used to have a "bridge" program for low time guys).

How did "Hojets" get your email address, or learn about your qualifications to offer you an interview?

i went to a flight ops job fair in dallas right after getting furloughed and gave everyone there a resume, didnt really do too much research on go jets until afterwards. started reading some threads on here and then saw a long one where someone posted some long drawn out history about whats going on with all that and i said..... i dont think so.

With your rigs, what would be an average first year pay?

I made $25k back in 2006, with 7 months spent as a commuting, VERY junior lineholder. I probably could have added another few grand to that had not been dropping anything I could to make my trips commutable.

Hojets offered me an interview... they did it by email, too lazy to call I guess. I never responded to the email.... wouldnt even think of working there. id rather sit on the beach and wait for my recall. But, I can see why in some cases some guys have no choice.

Yea no kidding genius. Thanks for your understanding. Some people can't afford to sit on the beach. Enjoy your 420 dollar extension from Obama.

Yea no kidding genius. Thanks for your understanding. Some people can't afford to sit on the beach. Enjoy your 420 dollar extension from Obama.

Enjoy your $420 bi-monthly check to fly a -700 for Hulas while TSA pilots are still on the street.

Got the thanks but were pursuing other candidates email from Air Whiskey this morning anyone else receive one?

Latest resources

Back