• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Opening, Air Wisconsin CRJ First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spoke with an Air Wisconsin rep at a job fair earlier in the month and she said that they would in fact start taking applications sometime this month. When they actually start hiring from the submissions and handing out class dates is another story. This should at least be some positive news to those at AW that are furloughed.

What I don't understand is why there are so many naysayers. It's like you're a job hunt virgin if you don't recognize utilrecruit

I once flew Piedmont from BWI to HPN. Now, Air Wisconsin flies that route instead of Piedmont. Why the change?

Because they gave a bunch of money to Airways to help get them out of bankruptcy, and in return they got a contract to fly RJ feed.

Now that they have way too many RJ contracts they cannot get out of, the only thing to do is pull down PSA and Piedmont flying, and RJ's from subcontractors end up on routes they did not previously do.

Because they gave a bunch of money to Airways to help get them out of bankruptcy, and in return they got a contract to fly RJ feed.

Now that they have way too many RJ contracts they cannot get out of, the only thing to do is pull down PSA and Piedmont flying, and RJ's from subcontractors end up on routes they did not previously do.

You are either clueless or a total ****************************** bag...

AWAC made an investment that either secured assets if US Airways went CH7 (which we are glad they didn't). Or (as the owners did) made a giant profit off an investment.

You must work for one of the "wholy owned" bitter companies.

You must work for one of the "wholy owned" bitter companies.

Bitter? Last I checked the wholly owns got along very well with AWAC and had nothing but respect for the company and their pilots. So a little in return would be great as well. Obviously he does not work for one of us either because he would realize that the RJ's at PSA were 18 year leases and are not able to be returned anytime soon. With that the first RJ at PSA that is up to be returned will be in 12 years... Until then I doubt USairways is going to pay on planes and not fly them....

PDT is another story in general. Very sad none the less.

I must admit the term "bitter" was uncalled for, and I applogize. But every company has the tool that comes with the box.

Hmmmm should I waste my time again submitting my resume! I had 2 internal rec's and exceeded the minimums 3 years ago and could not get an interview. I could be based at home in ORF but instead I am at JFK flying for Comair wondering if I am getting furloughed every other month.

Hmmmm should I waste my time again submitting my resume! I had 2 internal rec's and exceeded the minimums 3 years ago and could not get an interview. I could be based at home in ORF but instead I am at JFK flying for Comair wondering if I am getting furloughed every other month.

I would if I was in your shoes. Not having to commute could make your life much more enjoyable. I don't have a dog in this fight but I hope the AWAC guys are getting a nice chunk of flying from somewhere.

~ Hiring is because of attrition (average 2 per month).
~ AWAC is short captains in the "low flying season" (fall/winter).
~ AWAC is typically handed a higher block schedule of flying for the summer and is preparing for the "spike" in flying this summer.
~ Rumored that 8/22 furloughs will return.
~ Class size expected to be 20-25.
~ Class expected to be in late January.

Hope that helps all the jockeying about additional RFP's and furlough status.

Latest resources

Back