• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Opening, Air Wisconsin CRJ First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, we are very very short on captains and just plain short on FOs. We could use 30+ captains to cover the schedule right now, let alone the yearly increase in utilization that is coming. As captains re-upgrade, we will need more fos, hence the hiring. I am hopeful that we will take from the furloughed Peidmont/ PSA pool before we take straight off the street hires.

Last edited:
What will happen in 2010 when the reduction in LGA takes place? The base would likely close and where does that leave them? Do they automatically get more flying at DCA and PHL?

Um, what? We have 22 on furlough. And we just lost the UAX rfp to XJT. This seems really odd. For what flying? We don't have that much attrition if any at all.

Big deal. The newhire class started the DAY after the recalls started class after the 9/11 furloughs. Welcome to the industry where you hire until you furlough and furlough until you hire. I'm sure there are still guys at AWAC that don't even know there are furloughed pilots there. Kinda like when I was furloughed and guys told me everybody had been recalled "months ago".

Why are people saying this is fake? I would never have posted a fake link. I know the Air Wis pilot link has not been updated.

BUT, their career section IS updated.

It IS legit, see for yourself...

Step 1. www.airwis.com

Step 2. On "Careers" drop down menu, select "Open Positions"

Step 3. Be amazed at the first link that is displayed: "11/17/2009 CRJ FIRST OFFICER"

How is the base seniority looking? Is ORF fairly senior?

You could probably get any base you want fairly quickly. For FOs ORF has very junior and very senior pilots. In general, senior to junior bases in order are PHL-DCA-RDU-ORF-LGA. I do not expect RDU or LGA to be around by summer next year.

Personally, I'd like to see PDT pilots hired or at the very least offered interviews before anyone else. They've suffered at the hands of USAir for far too long.

FYI... both links now show that they are accepting resumes for anticipated POTENTIAL hiring in early spring 2010.

Latest resources

Back