Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetSuite (SoCal Phenom 100 Operator) Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe they said it will be a bid put out with groups of days split up through out the month. Some one asked if it would be 14 in a row and was told "They did not think so." I also heard some one say prob be 4-8 days on with some days off and so on. I don't think it is all worked out yet.

No one in my group asked about FO pay. I believe everyone hired will be trained single pilot so not sure if there is an FO pay scale. Again I'm not sure on this one.

Single pilot in a Phenom flying around SoCal would be a handfull but fun. Sounds like an interesting model - that said, I hope they can figure out how to drum-up charter business in this economy because I know others are struggling... I am guessng the low-cost Phenom would help them break even at lower rates even after the owner payments and crew costs, etc. They would certainly need high-volume flying to succeed. Should be interesting to watch.

Still no word about interview results? Anyone hear anything (positive or negative) yet?

Echo, echo, echo....

PMs welcomed and encouraged.

Usually with interviews they tell you pretty quickly if you are successful, but not for a long time if you are unsuccessful. I assumed they would meet and make decisions early next week and notify successful candidates by Wednesday.

It's possible the people who were successful don't come here or have chosen to remain silent. Or maybe they are taking their time to decide. I know the company reads this from things said at the interview.

A guy I know who interviewed said he thought they were going to get back to people in 2-3 business days. I guess he heard wrong...

Let's hope they don't stretch it out too much longer.

They told our group we'd hear something within a couple weeks. I'll really start to worry if some of us don't hear something by the end of this week.

I heard about this job opportunity. Sounds like a nice airplane and an interesting model. The fact that they haven't gotten back to you could be symptomatic of their start-up phase - they sound a bit disorganized. They should have set consistent expectations but they probably feel that they don't have to in this economy. Not surprising.

I was in the group that interviewed on the 1st. I'm hoping to get a call soon.

It sounds like it will be a great company.

I heard about this job opportunity. Sounds like a nice airplane and an interesting model. The fact that they haven't gotten back to you could be symptomatic of their start-up phase - they sound a bit disorganized. They should have set consistent expectations but they probably feel that they don't have to in this economy. Not surprising.

If they can't follow up on their commitments in a timely fashion, makes you wonder if they would pay you on time.... I agree that startups tend to be disorganized, but they should at least communicate when they can't meet commitments (i.e., how soon they expect to get back to people). Delays happen. I guess I would expect something different from a company that claims to be responsive and unique.

Hope you guys hear something soon.

In this economy you have to expect the unexpected. I cant tell you how many leads I have followed only to see them slip through my hand or simply vanish....

That said...I certainly hope that JetSuite is a HUGE success. We all could use some good news about hiring. I cant imagine how much farther down this industry can go and I think the VLJ fractional and charter model makes sense as people downscale. I also think that the Phenom is a wonderful airplane, VERY pilot friendly and at any other time they wouldnt be able build them fast enough.

I would be a little patient with the disorganization. Its hard to have any forward visibility these days and you cant blame people for running slow. I would certainly enquire about your status in the near future.

Too all those interviewed..I hope you all have jobs real soon and hopefully I will get my chance as well in the future.

Latest resources

Back