• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue's Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the tickets prices at Airline X are more than at Airline Y, because X pays its employees more,

Show me one example where that is the case. Just one.

ALPA and it's supporters don't like to muddy their rants with facts.

I think you misunderstand the argument here. Yip is far from an ALPA supporter.

ALPA and it's supporters don't like to muddy their rants with facts.
way to read the whole thread before chiming in.

Here's a fact:

SWA keeps costs low by paying their pilots the lowest wages in the industry. This also allows them to sell cheap tickets. SWAPA supports this because it allows a strong company presents, fast upgrades and organic growth.

wait for it...

Last edited:
Funny since Alaska pays pilots well. Delta pays pilots well. Oddly these carriers are both profitable. Yet somehow the public who seems to negotiate directly with the employees are doing something wrong. Whats the rationale yip?

Show me one example where that is the case. Just one.
2001 ORD - PHX UAL $387; SWA $99 Low cost carriers put pressure on the bottom line at the high paying airlines and they had to adjust their compensation at all levels. Do we need more examples?

I think you misunderstand the argument here. Yip is far from an ALPA supporter.
Was an ALPA supporter, paid dues until, I lost my job and the airline went out of business.

Funny since Alaska pays pilots well. Delta pays pilots well. Oddly these carriers are both profitable. Yet somehow the public who seems to negotiate directly with the employees are doing something wrong. Whats the rationale yip?
You don't own any hubs like they do, they can get away with charging more, because they dominate markets. i.e. DTW-RDU Delta $190 FNT-RDU AirTran $109.

Last edited:
2001 ORD - PHX UAL $387; SWA $99 Low cost carriers put pressure on the bottom line at the high paying airlines and they had to adjust their compensation at all levels. Do we need more examples?

Was an ALPA supporter, paid dues until, I lost my job and the airline went out of business.

You don't own any hubs like they do, they can get away with charging more, because they dominate markets. i.e. DTW-RDU Delta $190 FNT-RDU AirTran $109.

Which you blame ALPA for, incorrectly I might add.

Almost every major airline has routes which they break even on simply to maintain a presence or turn a profit on the connections. You have a failed/flawed argument.

At any cost you will blame a union for, well, pretty much anything you can. Conversely should the airline become profitable it's clearly has nothing to do with the union but a well executed business plan with excellent management. Your arguments, like most, contain little fact.

Was an ALPA supporter, paid dues until, I lost my job and the airline went out of business..

AH... quote of the year! you win man!

The union made all those bad business decisions that sent your company into ablivion. Managment had nothing, zero, zip, nada, nill, to do with it. ALL the unions fault. yea. Not the decisions that managment made... just ALPA National. I bet it was the president of ALPA that stole all that money and funnled it into places and ran off with a golden parachute. What a basterd that guy is.

Were you at the $4/napkin company or one of the others?

Last edited:
Blaming a union for an airline going out of business is the most baseless, ridiculous, retarded, ignorant and pathetic argument to date.

Yips argument will be that a union holds a corporation hostage. A union forces management into bad decisions. The pilots group will simply go on strike.

Comedy at it's poorest.

Latest resources

Back