• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Question, M&A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And before anyone says a legal firm will take our case pro-bono why would they. Their is no money involved unlike 3A.

A legal expert who doesn't know what PRO BONO means!!!!

The term you are looking for is "contigency", and you are wrong, there is always money involved!!

If you think that SWAPA or the APA are going to bend over and let any of our guys in front of them your smokin a big blue doober. I hope to the end that we don't have to endure any M&A situation. But if we do we are going to be on the losing end of a big stick. JR guys will feel the least, it's the "senior" guy who is gonna get a rude wake up when he's sitting in the right seat somewhere for the next 5-10yrs.

Beach....You ever go on Blue Pilots?

In the event an M&A ever comes to fruition and we all have our arses handed to us by APA, SWAPA, ALPA...hell...UAW for that matter. The super senior guys will be more concerned about having to do the walk around pre-flight than having a fair voice at the negotiating table.

What is the definition of insanity?

In the event an M&A ever comes to fruition and we all have our arses handed to us by APA, SWAPA, ALPA...hell...UAW for that matter. The super senior guys will be more concerned about having to do the walk around pre-flight than having a fair voice at the negotiating table.

That whole thread blew my mind.. We got bigger fish to fry than whining about walkarounds.

That thread sounds interesting... insane, but interesting.

I got booted from BP mmmmmaybe two years back... technical error, but when I tried to get back on admin never responded... 3 times... So whatever, I use B6 now.

Believe me i hope we get to do walkarounds after a M&A event. I guess my point was that these senior guys who keep preaching on behalf of the company stand to go from top of the hill to jr line holder in a jr base in the right seat. If any seat. Bottom line we're #@%*ed under the pvc and hope of Dave saving us.

Last edited:
WN/B6 Acquisition in the next two years. GK wants a much larger share of the NY pie. That's why he's rushing all the Employee groups to reach SLI agreements quickly with our counterparts at FL.

I would be extremely happy with that situation. IF we were lucky enough to be brought on to their senority list, every JetBlue pilots life would see some form of improvement.

No thanks. Not interested in the SW stapler.

First of all: a staple is not in anyones future ever again thanks to Allegehny-Mohawk. Second of all: why wouldn't you be interested. I will take a SW merger over an AA, Virgin, Spirit, whoever. Unless you are in the top 25% of the JB list you will have nothing but gain even if we are stapled. More money, more time off, better retirement, more base choices. Other than the fact that you might be wearing a different color shirt there is no down side. Do yourself a favor and compare payscales on APC and see where you would fall at your year of pay. Even on the FO side I think you will be just fine.

Unless you are in the top 25% of the JB list you will have nothing but gain even if we are stapled.

Well that's the problem isn't it? You're very quick to throw other pilots under the bus, even in a hypothetical situation, as long as you personally benefit. Usually this manifests as an "eat your young" mentality; you've got your very own brand here. Forgive me if as a 10+ yr JetBlue pilot I don't share your enthusiasm.

Well that's the problem isn't it? You're very quick to throw other pilots under the bus, even in a hypothetical situation, as long as you personally benefit. Usually this manifests as an "eat your young" mentality; you've got your very own brand here. Forgive me if as a 10+ yr JetBlue pilot I don't share your enthusiasm.

You must be kidding. Throwing you under the bus. You currently make $155/hr with 17 days off a month. Even as an FO you would get at least 17 days off a month and make $144/hr. If you did keep your seat you would be makeing $206/hr and probably still get 16-17 days off a month due to SW efficiency. Lets just say there are very few JB pilots that wouldn't get a good deal out a SW merger. What bus are you talking about. This is one bus that wouldn't hurt to get hit by.

That thread sounds interesting... insane, but interesting.

I got booted from BP mmmmmaybe two years back... technical error, but when I tried to get back on admin never responded... 3 times... So whatever, I use B6 now.

Believe me i hope we get to do walkarounds after a M&A event. I guess my point was that these senior guys who keep preaching on behalf of the company stand to go from top of the hill to jr line holder in a jr base in the right seat. If any seat. Bottom line we're #@%*ed under the pvc and hope of Dave saving us.

Maybe... But Bluejuice Bayou is saving 2%. So that fixes everything.

Latest resources

Back