• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Question, M&A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would the company invite the Pilot values committee to a health care meeting? The pilots are just like every other employee group here and will accept what is offered. Pilots are not special or different. You are just like the rampers and F/A's, gate agents and cleaners.

Interesting posts.

I dont think the M&A story is over. AA is going to declare BK in the next 8 months. When they emerge they will be leaner and ready for business. I just wonder if they waited too long to reorganize and now will need to make a run at a smaller carrier that has JFK marketshare.

Interesting times. The Jetblue piece is going to be a very interesting story. I feel certain we will all get to see the "theories" of the Jetblue experiment get tested in a court of law. I just hope the outcome doesn't leave the jetblue pilot stuned and confused.

Interesting posts.

I dont think the M&A story is over. AA is going to declare BK in the next 8 months. When they emerge they will be leaner and ready for business. I just wonder if they waited too long to reorganize and now will need to make a run at a smaller carrier that has JFK marketshare.

Interesting times. The Jetblue piece is going to be a very interesting story. I feel certain we will all get to see the "theories" of the Jetblue experiment get tested in a court of law. I just hope the outcome doesn't leave the jetblue pilot stuned and confused.

About as stunned and confused as the pilots furloughed from carriers with millions in the bank and CBAs these last ten years-- Delta, Northwest, United, American, Continental, Alaska, Midwest, Airtran, ATA and a host of regionals...

Interesting posts.

I feel this could be a pretty likey outcome. Will definitely be interesting mess to sort out.

About as stunned and confused as the pilots furloughed from carriers with millions in the bank and CBAs these last ten years-- Delta, Northwest, United, American, Continental, Alaska, Midwest, Airtran, ATA and a host of regionals...

You think that's the worst that could happen? It's possible we could envy every one of them for the treatment they received.

The DL/LCC slot swap now makes the AA/B6 hook up a little more likely. With delta now owning such a large percentage of the New York slot controled market, the combined AA/B6 wouldnt have to give up many slots if any.

We would probably have 1 more shot at a CBA before AA can go through bankruptcy and be ready for a merger.

All of which have been recalled and still, under bankruptcy contracts, have better retirement and benefits. I'm certainly stunned.

The DL/LCC slot swap now makes the AA/B6 hook up a little more likely. With delta now owning such a large percentage of the New York slot controled market, the combined AA/B6 wouldnt have to give up many slots if any.

We would probably have 1 more shot at a CBA before AA can go through bankruptcy and be ready for a merger.

AA is not stable enough for a takeover bid of JB. JB has nearly twice the market cap as AA, this is not going to happen for sure. Why is everyone so concerned about AA? there are much more solvent carriers out there that could benefit from merging with JB.

AA is not stable enough for a takeover bid of JB. JB has nearly twice the market cap as AA, this is not going to happen for sure. Why is everyone so concerned about AA? there are much more solvent carriers out there that could benefit from merging with JB.

I never said AA would be the aquiring carrier. More of a merger, much like america west/us airways. It probably wouldnt be hostile.

AA while not in a position to make a play on B6 right now they might be after a trip through bankrputcy. Thats why I referenced that.

I dont see AA making a play on B6 anytime soon. Although in this industry you never know.

I wouldnt mind seeing our management make a run at virgin america.

Last edited:
I never said AA would be the aquiring carrier. More of a merger, much like america west/us airways. It probably wouldnt be hostile.

AA while not in a position to make a play on B6 right now they might be after a trip through bankrputcy. Thats why I referenced that.

I dont see AA making a play on B6 anytime soon. Although in this industry you never know.

I wouldnt mind seeing our management make a run at virgin america.

In this case, I agree with you.

Latest resources

Back