JetBlue Question, M&A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

This is a honest, straight up question. No flame intended. I want to know so I can make an educated decision when the time comes.

What protects JetBlue in the event of a M&A scenario? Is there anything in the PVC (the management/pilot contract thing) that addresses this? And can it be held up in a M&A scenario?

Thanks!

This is a honest, straight up question. No flame intended. I want to know so I can make an educated decision when the time comes.

What protects JetBlue in the event of a M&A scenario? Is there anything in the PVC (the management/pilot contract thing) that addresses this? And can it be held up in a M&A scenario?

Thanks!

Yes there is. Most likely not. However do to the amount of retirements at all of the Legacy carriers I am not to worried about getting a crap deal out of any M&A. Then again I am on the bottom of the list here at B6 so being at the bottom of an AA/B6 list(per say) wouldn't be to big of a deal. Senior guys here feel very different about it though.

Until a CBA exists for the B6 pilots, it's up to MGMT to decide how much they want to
fight for the pilots "rights". Since all B6 pilots are on individual contract and even with the "useless" 5 documents that MGMT now are pushing as ground braking (it has more holes than a Swiss cheese.) there is nowhere it stipulates that B6 pilots are covered
by the McCascill-Bond. So if a M&A was to happen right know B6 pilots would be the
Guinea Pig for this as it would relate to 2000+ individual pilots on identical contracts.

The short answer: NOTHING.

JetBlue is better than any regional.

JetBlue is NOT a career carrier. You could come here until the real majors start hiring and then bail. Or wait it out and just go somewhere with some real retirements on the horizon. I have a blue dart that I can't give away and I don't really blame them.

My sponsor and app is in at FedEx. Hoping for the call soon.

I've been here 5.5 years. I'm upgrading on the bus in a few months. This places has issues, like every other place does, but I'm hoping to stay here for another 15-20 years. I'm no blue-juicer either. I voted for a CBA and was very disappointed it didn't happen. Just my point of view.

So each of your has a physical piece of paper in your possession that spells out a 5-year contract period at a time?

Has their ever been a case in which a pilot was up on the 5 years and refused to be offered another 5 year term?

Latest resources

Back