• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Question, M&A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the event of a merger expect lots of infighting. I suspect that deals under the table would be made. Who is in fact the custodian of our $2 million legal defense purse is a mystery. I would imagine after a merger and guys scatter across the seven seas the whole thing would be a mess.

While the PEA's is evergreen as it pertains to Jetblue the situation becomes complicated in the likely event of an M/A. Any acquiring carrier will simply argue we must fight our integration individually. It will be a horrendous situation to say the least.

While the PEA's is evergreen as it pertains to Jetblue the situation becomes complicated in the likely event of an M/A. Any acquiring carrier will simply argue we must fight our integration individually. It will be a horrendous situation to say the least.
The 3A is a great example.
Without a CBA, it's in a lawyer's court.
Without any JB pilot input, of course.

Come to JB if you really need a job, but keep upgrading the resume for when the majors hire.

Use the job to get where you want to go. Come, do a good job and leave when proper opportunity presents itself.

So what percentage "go" when the MAJORS start hiring, all the FOs, all the Jr. CAs. Last time I've seen it written over 300 left, true?

What Major do they go to?
American
United?
USAir.

I don't know the exact # because it's debatable who went where for what reason. but in 2007-early2008 there was a mass departure. Many here feel that there will be another in 2012-2013 as other more "prominent" carriers ramp up hiring.

Though no one wants to work for an airline that is considered a stepping stone unfortunately that is where we are with Jetblue. The JBPA campaign caused some changes and the 2007 attrition brought about others. Hopefully this last ALPA drive will force further improvements but only if everyone contacts their friends and encourages a "No" vote.
These latest documents endorsed by Jetblue are not what they appear to be and are not beneficial to this pilot group.

Please vote NO and force Jetblue to make the cost neutral changes.

From what I have heard the healthcare premiums are about to hit the ceiling also (unverified).
Normally the open enrollment would be open now, but I guess they are are waiting until all the MORONS have voted yes to the 5 mocuments this year....

The 5 documents unlike a CBA simply reference healthcare and have no direct bearing on whether our premiums are raised. Remember, your PEA states you have to be provided health benefits but as Jetblues history has proven the increase in premiums is simply passed on to the employee. It makes no reference to the quality, triggers or what is contained within. Lastly, you have no say in what is offered to you. While the company has told the pilot group the PVC would be involved in the process last year is the perfect example of that. In a brief moment of transparency the PVC sent out an email stating they were excluded from the process all together.

Latest resources

Back