• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd rather be an idiot not paying 2% of my income to ALPA than a sheep that follows the "vote ALPA" crowd. Eff off.

I'd like to hear you say that when you ask for a jumpseat at an ALPA carrier you piece of crap. Yeah I thought so.

I'd like to hear you say that when you ask for a jumpseat at an ALPA carrier you piece of crap. Yeah I thought so.

I don't bring up politics in the cockpit, and I don't fault anyone for being in a union. I don't fault you for wanting to vote yes to one.

I fault you for giving me crap for my decision to vote no to ALPA. That's what pisses me off. We all make our decisions for our own reasons. STFU.

I don't bring up politics in the cockpit, and I don't fault anyone for being in a union. I don't fault you for wanting to vote yes to one.

I fault you for giving me crap for my decision to vote no to ALPA. That's what pisses me off. We all make our decisions for our own reasons. STFU.

Please take 6 minutes and watch this....the DR is a fraud. I would love to know your opinion of this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36YiO1scuZM

We all make our decisions for our own reasons. STFU.

That doesn't make our decisions the correct ones; just because it's yours.

Problems you have with ALPA national is not a good reason to vote no at JetBlue. This is supported by mountains of evidence, not emotions.

And you do answer to the rest of us. Your decision affects me and my family. You don't live in a vacuum and your decisions have consequences for the rest of us.

Of course, the lone gun pilot-serf is exactly what JetBlue wants. They don't like when we act collectively....reference their response to 3A.

Please consider the facts in this decision....not what happened to you at your craphole regional.

Try to follow...

1. We need a CBA. You said it yourself.
2. What's the fastest, most efficient way to negotiate a CBA?

If you answered "In house" to that question...you're not looking at the facts.

ALPA, with all its baggage, is clearly the fastest, most efficient way to negotiate our first CBA. An In house would be swamped by this management team. They are not going to work with us....trust me. I've been on one of your pilot committees. These people are not going to play nice with an In house. It will be exactly what we have now, except you get to pay dues. Useless.

So please...

Realize that your decision is not just yours. It affects all of us.
Let go of your ALPA history. It's clouding your judgement.

And you do answer to the rest of us. Your decision affects me and my family. You don't live in a vacuum and your decisions have consequences for the rest of us.

Ok, you try to follow me now...

At my previous airline, I was supposed to accept membership in the union (which I did) because "I knew it was a union company when I got hired." So now, I've come to an airline that is non union, but I have to vote one in because I "don't live in a vacuum?" I applied here specifically because it is non union.

I think the same applies to you fellas. You knew this place was non-union when you came here, so I think the burden is on you, not me, to change it. I'm happy without a union. I came here not wanting one. If you want a union, by all means, vote you're little heart out. That's your right, and I respect that. But don't judge others for their decision to vote to keep the status quo.

As far as that video, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. They are talking about a PR campaign. They actually were very honest, and open, and exactly what I would expect.

If they had said, "We fooled those pilots do our company can profit on their backs!!!" I may have joined up with y'all. No, they said the keeping the DR makes them more nimble, and better able to move in the market. I believe that is true, and it is a competitive edge JetBlue has. I want this to be my last company. I want them to have the competitive edge. That isn't a bad thing.

At my previous airline, I was supposed to accept membership in the union (which I did) because "I knew it was a union company when I got hired." So now, I've come to an airline that is non union, but I have to vote one in because I "don't live in a vacuum?" I applied here specifically because it is non union.

I think the same applies to you fellas. You knew this place was non-union when you came here, so I think the burden is on you, not me, to change it. I'm happy without a union. I came here not wanting one. If you want a union, by all means, vote you're little heart out. That's your right, and I respect that. But don't judge others for their decision to vote to keep the status quo.

As far as that video, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. They are talking about a PR campaign. They actually were very honest, and open, and exactly what I would expect.

If they had said, "We fooled those pilots do our company can profit on their backs!!!" I may have joined up with y'all. No, they said the keeping the DR makes them more nimble, and better able to move in the market. I believe that is true, and it is a competitive edge JetBlue has. I want this to be my last company. I want them to have the competitive edge. That isn't a bad thing.

Believe it or not, I can actually respect this. It's better than "Waahh waaaahhh. I hate ALPA so I'm voting no!!!" Your argument actually has merit.

It's wrong, but at least it's a real argument. Trusting a corporate manager in America is like sticking your d-ck in a bear trap and daring it to close. Just look at history, man. Just look at it!! Those who deny history are doomed to repeat it.

Believe it or not, I can actually respect this. It's better than "Waahh waaaahhh. I hate ALPA so I'm voting no!!!" Your argument actually has merit.

It's wrong, but at least it's a real argument. Trusting a corporate manager in America is like sticking your d-ck in a bear trap and daring it to close. Just look at history, man. Just look at it!! Those who deny history are doomed to repeat it.
I totally agree Captain

OK.....once more:

1. We need a CBA. You said so yourself.
2. ALPA is the most efficient and effective way to obtain said CBA.

Please reread as necessary. Thank you.

Thanks. I know I'm new, and I'm not trying to piss anyone off. My tune may change in a year or two.

I'm very interested to see how the company deals with the dissatisfaction with healthcare in particular. If they are serious about keeping the DR, then they had better be proactive. If I get converted to a "yes" vote, that's a serious failure of the mgmt team.

Thanks. I know I'm new, and I'm not trying to piss anyone off. My tune may change in a year or two.

I'm very interested to see how the company deals with the dissatisfaction with healthcare in particular. If they are serious about keeping the DR, then they had better be proactive. If I get converted to a "yes" vote, that's a serious failure of the mgmt team.

How will they handle it? Raising the cost another 30%. I understand insurance plans have deteriorated throughout the US however those airlines with CBA's minimize the financial impact by implementing cost controls. These cost controls are a negotiated benefit not a DR benefit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back