• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Pilots Vote Union Down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On another thread a JB pilot mentioned a list of pilots who were the most anti union. I believe it is called band of blue. That might be the way to deny jumpseats to the true offenders without punishing the guys that tried.

They have already shut down their website and crawled back in their holes. However, they did create a list and label some as union, BOB, or sym. What a pathetic group! I'm embarassed to be associated with some of these fools.

Last edited:
Mark, you forgot the: "Let's recall our MEC Chair Every Year" action that results in nothing better.

Unionizing won't solve all your problems. In fact, it will create more. However, if you do, you need to hold your representation accountable.

Oooh, oooh, I have another one.

Once in a while (after one of the frequent recalls) have your MEC elect a Chairman who is the compromise of two rival factions and a completely unknown entity. Allow him to rob the Union blind and get nothing done.

WINNARS!

To contribute, The jetBlue pilots need to regroup and learn from the experience. Anybody who thinks that management is going to 'reward' you over the long term for turning down representation is a fool and ignorant of history. They may grant you some baubles and shiny trinkets for your 'loyalty', but in the end you just signaled to them that you are marks waiting to be fleeced the next time it suits their needs. This characterization will take a long time and a lot of pain to reverse.

Looks like industry low pax yields and regional-like 190 payscales will continue.

Part of the reason the once-distinct line between regional and mainline has been made fine.

I belive the split was 67%/33%

As per the FAM 2-31 no flight deck crewmember may replace a F/A during the deplaning process-- per minimum crew requirements. There must be one F/A at the door during deplaning. If you've been doing this in past, you are in conflict with SOP.

As a cleaning JB pilot-- when time and conditions permit, jumpseaters, some at SWA do so as well-- I've seen it; it's simply exemplifying some teamwork-- I'm not below cleaning my aircraft for my customers if it allows for a quicker turn, getting me home sooner!!! Nor am I below helping ground crewmembers with strollers. I'm sorry if we degraded the profession for some, but we've been doing this since day 1 here... We're a different airline and we have unique outstanding pilots here. We're not fools, we just like our jobs and airline that much to contribute to its success-- not like the new generation of people who could care less about performing on their jobs (just look at the customer service around America nowadays)...
Hey bayou bitch. Get back and clean the cabin. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your nose is so far up Barger's ass you can tell what he had for lunch. Way to continue to drag the rest of the profession to your substandard level! Ass wipe!
And as far as the American comment. Let's see how, and if you girls make it for 80+ years. Probably since there are idiots like yourself willing to do it for less!
For the yes voters, my apologies. The comments were directed at the blue bayou's of the company.

Hey bayou bitch. Get back and clean the cabin. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your nose is so far up Barger's ass you can tell what he had for lunch. Way to continue to drag the rest of the profession to your substandard level! Ass wipe!
And as far as the American comment. Let's see how, and if you girls make it for 80+ years. Probably since there are idiots like yourself willing to do it for less!
For the yes voters, my apologies. The comments were directed at the blue bayou's of the company.

Smooth. ALPA smooth!

How can any potential union member resist a sales job like this?

Smooth. ALPA smooth!

How can any potential union member resist a sales job like this?

Well, there's always the sales job (maybe some other job to Dan;) :blush: ) you girls did to pitch the rjdc!
And we see how successful that was, eh sparky?:laugh: :laugh:

Looks like industry low pax yields and regional-like 190 payscales will continue.

Part of the reason the once-distinct line between regional and mainline has been made fine.

While I agree that it sucks we didn't vote in the union and also agree the E190 pay is low, it isn't as low as USAirways E190 payscales.

Latest resources

Back