• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of you fortunate enough to have heard already, CONGRATULATIONS! It must feel like a huge boulder was just unloaded off your shoulders. I just need to know, one way or the other. Let's see, phone ring or FedEx guy! Which will it be? The suspense is torture. Since these calls have been going out, it's now been like the tryout scene in the movie Major League. I show up to the house and close my eyes when I approach the door. When I see nothing, a little stress is relieved! OK, you can obviously tell this is really starting to get to me. Keeping the faith. I'm sure I'm way over reacting. :laugh: Oh, there's my phone ringing now. Hang on. Scheduling, go figure. Have a GREAT night guys and hopefully we will all know something soon!

Three good, one bad, and no word since Sunday night. Anyone heard anything in the last couple days? I keep getting nervous when I hear a truck drive by my house. Good thing my next medical isn't for a few more months, my blood pressure would be through the roof.

I think Verna will be in Orlando for the next couple of days doing orientation for the new class. I wouldn't expect any calls before the weekend. Might as well try to relax for a couple days. I know that's easier said than done.

Seems the pattern as I've seen it is the calls usually come in the fri - sun range. Could this be cuz the PHC meets on wed. or Thur. and passes the approved packages to Verna?

Sounds like if we don't make it through in the next couple of groups and get assigned a May class date, there will be no 320 option. At least according to the "word of mouth" info floating around.

I'm not sure I'd want to go to the Airbus at this point. Most guys I know there say the reserve at JBLU sucks but nobody complains too much because they only had to do it a couple months. If you have to sit reserve for months on end until the A320 deliveries pick back up, it could be a miserable year.

I guess we can cross that bridge if / when the time comes.

Scott

PDXcheezhead said:
Anyone have a guess as to how many 'phase II people' are not on these boards; that is any idea how many march 8/9 people made it to pII? I know that there is NO good reason to even care about that - I am just trying to find something to do in the 'deafening silence' in my hotel room in SDF.

LOL! A guy I know a friend at B6 said the list in the C.P. office was 38 from the Mar. 8th and 48 from Mar. 9th, so 86 total made it. When I was interviewing I actually asked a guy from the People Dept. how many would be interviewing - he said approximately 100. The word I've gotten is that typically about 80% go on to Phase II which sort of confirms the number of 86 out of around 100 moving on. The other number I've heard is that about 5-10% don't get hired out of Phase II. That being the case, I would expect about 9 of us get the FedEx. Obviously, the odds are in your favor. The biggest question at this point is whether the percentage that don't make it through Phase II will go up since their training requirements are lower. We'll see.

-PB

Last edited:
I'm in!! Just got the call. May 10 a320 class. I'm glad. The bad news is it looks like it might be the last 320 class of the year. E190 Classes for June.

Good luck to all! Hope to meet you soon in Orlando.

God's Speed!

Got2GO!

payscale question

If you get hired as an FO and after 1 year upgrade to captain, do you make 1st year captain pay or 2nd?

You get second year CA pay. Your longevity never resets. If you are a fo for 3 years and upgrade, you are on 3rd year CA pay...etc.etc. I hope this helps

Latest resources

Back