jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Guy's
I am in as well. I took the May 10, A320. Wife is thrilled to ship me out the door after my little unemployment vacation of four months.She suggested that I might want to start the drive to MCO now to beat the traffic. I think she is trying to tell me something.
Anyway now that some of the pieces of the puzzle are coming together, I have started to update the list. Verna is down in MCO so I think what Kayman was thinking in regard to the way that the calls get put together is correct.
With that said, tommorow is Friday and I hope to see some more of this list get the good news. Post as soon as you find out so that I can update the list. Good Luck and stop calling me Shirley

1) smoky22
2) Snoopy Mendoza (Hired/?/?)
3) skypine69
4) LaGarbage Man (May,10 / A320)
5) Vastly Underemp
6) My Man Smith
7) CheeseheadinTX
8) PDXcheezhead
9) captain dad (Letter)
10) pilotgolfer
11) Dave's kid
12) Propblast
13) Flyiguy
14) CalBuff
15) Kayman
16) Got2GO (May,10 / A320)

Last edited:
Congrats to those who have heard. Did they give you a choice of A/C, or was the 320 all that was offered? Sounds like you may be on reserve for a while on the Bus.

Thanks Longhorn, that answers the question

Garbage, I believe Snoopy Mendoza got the call already as well and it was Captn Dad that got the dreaded FEdex.

Chuck:
I had expressed a preference for the Bus when she initially called to welcome me aboard. So when she called the second time it was just to confirm I still wanted it and that May 10 was available. I think you may be correct with regards to Rsrv. I will just have to improvise, adapt and overcome. Needed the pay with being on the street for the last four months.
Trash Man

P.S. I just noticed my screw up on the list, VERY SORRY pilotgolfer I will edit the list ASAP.

Kayman:
You are right, Snoop does have the initial OK, I will update with that info and modify if he wants to share the rest of the story.
Trash Man

pilot golfer,
I was hired in Nov. been on reserve for three months, I did get a line in May.

It looks like you have done some regional/small jet airline flying, I did also, I was on reserve for 5 years at Comair as a junior CA in both planes.

The reserve system here is unlike Comair or elsewhere so I have heard, but some guys complain, maybe they were never on reserve. The ability to move reserve days through the bidding system and, swap days has been great for me. If I was on reserve longer, I honestly could say, hey that's the way it is.

12 days off and hopefully breaking guarantee( which sometimes happens), is not bad, then again you could still be at a dying regional or out of work. I happen to be senior on reserve this month, the system says that they will try to release you on your last day on before a set of days off. It helps them keeping you from breaking guarantee, but i also received three extra days off this month because of it. which meant time at home!!!!

Things hopefully will change by the end of the year and will put more pilots in the 320.....hang in there.

ps. when you guys are starting class on the 10th, I'll be in Brazil for two weeks, surfing and partying!!!!!! Bahia, here I come.

Last edited:
O.k, don't shoot the messenger. Here's some updated info straight from the source. May 10 is the last A-320 class for a while. The E-190 will continue 2 classes per month with 5-10 per class. May/July interviews still on track. Instead of getting the good phone call and a class date you'll get a good phone call and be put in a shallow pool and assigned to a class at the first opportunity. If the E-190 is your thing, there will be little change to whats going on now. Get the call, go to class. If you really want to wait for the A-320 the 'official' gouge is it will be towards the end of the year. 'Unofficially' the outlook is a bit more optimistic, but for now 'officially' that's the way it is. This was all from memory so if anybody else was there this morning, feel free to correct any mistakes I made. One last note, all the May 10 Airbus slots have been filled. Again, don't shoot the messenger.

Caveman, thanks for posting the helpful info. Hoping for more calls sometime soon. Any idea if upgrade on the 190 is still running around a year now that the airbus classes have stopped? I guess it's all a moot point until the call comes. I was hoping to have a choice and to go to the airbus. Good luck with training! NFL draft is this weekend! Yeah Baby!

F N G

Hi all,

I just found this site today, but was with you on March 8th. I, too, am currently in phase II and am anxiously waiting for some news (hopefully good). I received my PRIA and FAA info about 2 weeks after my interview, but have not received anything else. Although, I've heard rumors that some pilots have gotten back drug-test paperwork and copies of what the DMV has sent out. Anyway, I'll be watching and waiting. Let you know if I hear anything. Good luck to everyone!

2wheelz

Latest resources

Back