• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Jan 11/12 interview news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the call tonight for A320 on March 29th. Verna said there are slots for both 190 and 320 on the 29th. All other March classes are full. Conditional offer based on one last background check still outstanding. Great to talk to Verna and get the news. Everyone hang in there, the call will come and it is worth it.

Busy day for VK! (that lovely lady) I Got the conditional this afternoon, waiting on training records as well. Still spots open for either airframe on 15 or 29 Mar. Maybe the 15th filled up since my phone call.
Best of luck to all.

Tried calling VK today for an unrelated question. She is on the road until Friday, so there may not be any calls until then.

Capt. X said:
Tried calling VK today for an unrelated question. She is on the road until Friday, so there may not be any calls until then.

saw her tonite at the informal gathering at the trainig center. she's down here in mco for the newhire class that starts tomorrow. e190 is sweet.
learning to feed the dog,:D
bc

In regards to paying training expenses or reimbursement of any kind if you leave JB after being hired:

Dogwood said:
Only if you return to your most recent Pt 121 carrier.
So in my case, as a former Indpendence Air pilot, if I were to get a class date from JB, go to school in MCO and then be offered a job by UPS or FedEx, I can leave without any penalty???

That should be true since Indy Air is gone? Thanks.

Ex_Indy_Flyer said:
In regards to paying training expenses or reimbursement of any kind if you leave JB after being hired:

So in my case, as a former Indpendence Air pilot, if I were to get a class date from JB, go to school in MCO and then be offered a job by UPS or FedEx, I can leave without any penalty???

That should be true since Indy Air is gone? Thanks.

Yes, that is true.

FJ

Congrats guys!
Keep those good calls coming! Hey, heres a "what would you do" question. I have a conditional offer for the 15 March 190 class but the FAA procedure for getting JetBlue the PRIA is "slow". (anyone who has had a government job knows this means "its 3PM on a Friday and no one is in the FAA office) The PRIA info has to come direct from the FAA, so a faxed copy from me is no good. I have my copy of the PRIA dated 24 Jan. I know the record is good, but it is hard to leave a job at NWA for a conditional class at JetBlue when I can simply put the class back. I hate to give up seniority, but I have a family to consider. Any inputs?
Thanks,
SRT

Last edited:
It all depends on how strong you feel your PRIA checks will turn out. You have a copy from just over a month ago so you "know" it's good. If nothing has changed since then you should feel confident that JetBlue is going to give you the final thumbs up. If that's a true statement then I would take the class you are scheduled for. If there is any question as to whether or not your checks will come back negative then I would wait. Seniority is important, but family comes first in my opinion.

Sounds to me like you should be good to go for the 15th, but don't take a gamble if there is any question.

Good luck, and I hope to see you the evening of the 14th in Orlando!

Latest resources

Back