• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Jan 11/12 interview news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It all depends on how strong you feel your PRIA checks will turn out. You have a copy from just over a month ago so you "know" it's good. If nothing has changed since then you should feel confident that JetBlue is going to give you the final thumbs up. If that's a true statement then I would take the class you are scheduled for. If there is any question as to whether or not your checks will come back negative then I would wait. Seniority is important, but family comes first in my opinion.
Sounds to me like you should be good to go for the 15th, but don't take a gamble if there is any question.Good luck, and I hope to see you the evening of the 14th in Orlando!

Hey Srjorion,
Yeah, I know the FAA record is good, but when you get in your mid 40's you have seen and heard so many crazy things happen in this business, that you get really conservative when it comes to your family. My wife is in her early 20's and has a great job modeling in the Victoria's Secret catalogue, but you never know how long that is going to last!!! Anyhow, I am probably going to go to the 15 mar class anyway, but I sort of need to make my decision by Monday because NWA is helping me by backdooring my 2 weeks notice. Thanks for the input, and I will look for you on the 14th. I will be the guy with the 20something supermodel.
SRT

starvingredtail said:
. I will be the guy with the 20something supermodel.
SRT
NICE:D

SRT,
GO TO CLASS!!! DO NOT GIVE UP SENIORITY!!! I also had the conditional offer. It is NOT a deal breaker.
GO TO CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious, did everyone receive their letter from the FAA in the mail stating JB checked their records? What about the credit check from experian? I still have not received those yet; all I have is the PRIA / Drug form from my previous company.

murano said:
Just curious, did everyone receive their letter from the FAA in the mail stating JB checked their records? What about the credit check from experian? I still have not received those yet; all I have is the PRIA / Drug form from my previous company.

I got my letter from the FAA about a week after Phase II started. I haven't received any other info regarding background checks and I'm pretty sure NONE of my references have been contacted.

Answering machine: “HI. THIS IS VERNA. I CAN'T TAKE YOUR CALL RIGHT NOW. PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND I'LL CALL YOU BACK.” BEEP.
- Hi Verna. This is Fins Up. Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if any calls were going out today. I’m hoping for some good news soon. Thanks.

“HI. THIS IS VERNA. I CAN'T…” BEEP.
- Hi Verna. Fins again. The caller ID showed a new call but there was no message on the machine. Thought maybe it was you. Give me a call when you can. Thanks.

BEEP.
- Hi it’s Fins again. I ran all the way from the shower when I heard the phone ring but I guess you just hung up. Talk to you soon.

BEEP.
- Uh, sorry. I dialed the wrong number. I meant to dial the orphanage I volunteer at. Anyway, how are those calls going?

BEEP.
- Fins again. I’m heading out for a while. I was hoping to catch you since I may not be in if you call later. Well, talk to you later.

No I'm not freakin' out. Just bored. Too bad football season is over.

Last edited:
I got my FAA letter a few weeks ago. USIS says the Feds successfully sent out the "copy to applicant" letters but a 'glitch' prevented them from getting the official copies. Apparently not the first time, and they're (FAA & USIS) working to remedy the problem.
Hope it helps the wait. Good luck

Quote by Fins
Answering machine: “HI. THIS IS VERNA. I CAN'T TAKE YOUR CALL RIGHT NOW. PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND I'LL CALL YOU BACK.” BEEP.
- Hi Verna. This is Fins Up. Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if any calls were going out today. I’m hoping for some good news soon. Thanks.

“HI. THIS IS VERNA. I CAN'T…” BEEP.
- Hi Verna. Fins again. The caller ID showed a new call but there was no message on the machine. Thought maybe it was you. Give me a call when you can. Thanks.

BEEP.
- Hi it’s Fins again. I ran all the way from the shower when I heard the phone ring but I guess you just hung up. Talk to you soon.

BEEP.
- Uh, sorry. I dialed the wrong number. I meant to dial the orphanage I volunteer at. Anyway, how are those calls going?

BEEP.
- Fins again. I’m heading out for a while. I was hoping to catch you since I may not be in if you call later. Well, talk to you later.
No I'm not freakin' out. Just bored. Too bad football season is over.

Hey Fins,
I know your situation!! Hang in there baby!!!

Quote by Murano

Hey Murano,
I got my FAA verification from the FAA dated Jan 24 2006. No recs called. I checked Experian myself by going to their web site. It was checked (i think) Jan 17th. You might want to check the "November" interview thread because I remember a guy on there with the name "J3 driver" or something (I will look it up and edit this post) who ran into this situation and he indicated there was might have been a glitch at usis. He did get the job offer. Maybe you can PM him for some tips. Hang in there!!!

Quote by Mannyaplus11
SRT,
GO TO CLASS!!! DO NOT GIVE UP SENIORITY!!! I also had the conditional offer. It is NOT a deal breaker.
GO TO CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Manny!!
I am 99.999999% sure I will take the class and not put it off based on seniority. Did I mention my wife is a supermodel?

I was told that they were waiting for the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) from the FAA. I think this is seperate from PRIA and they don't have to send you any copies of what they send to jetBlue from the FOIA. I think the PRIA won't show open investigations or Warning Letters but FOIA will show open investigations or Warning Letters within 2 years. The PRIA is the white letter we all received showing that jetBlue checked our records. I think that is how it works, but as usual the FAA site is a little unclear on it all. That is what I could get out of it. The FOIA was supposed to make it's way to jetBlue on last Wed. so lets hope the email to make it a firm offer comes out this week.

Latest resources

Back