JetBlue hiring.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where's the "like" button for this...

Man, ASA, et.al, your bottom-feeding reg must have been pretty $ hitty for you to be so happy to suck blue juice in such quantities.

Have a little self respect.

I never said anything about my opinion of JetBlue or our healthcare. I only commented on that jackwagon.

Don't make assumptions.

Yes, yes. But what about our health insurance? As I recall we used to have it, and as I recall there was a very simple way to preserve it.

Now we have to make the place better in order to get it back?

Wasting 10 years going into the gutter to spend another 10 years clawing your way out?

Now THAT'S moronic!

Just a little foresight. You'll get that at DAL, UAL, AA. You will not get it at jetblew. Guaranteed nobody learned any lessons from the last 10 years.

If you want to spend the next 10 years in labor limbo while this pilot group moderates it's way to mediocrity, then by all means, come join in the FUN.

Not to be a d*bag man, but I'm lucky enough that my wife works for a Fortune 200 employer, earns more than a 10 year CA (as many in her organization do) here yet, overall their health benefits are worse than ours. Me, my wife and kids are all on our plan. It's all relative perspective so nobody is entitled to anything, everything comes at a price. We're not DL, UA and AA, clearly defined by profit margin and excess capital so yeah, you're statement is correct. I'm not taking sides, but I think maybe sort of the 30,000 foot snap shot of where the chips lie may work. After 8 1/2 years and 6000 hours at a previous employer, is life perfect no, could it be better, yeah, but overall, it is a vast improvement. Do I think there's a place for ALPA, yeah. But, do we torch the place, I think not. Alaska does it very well......and the first round is on me.

Last edited:
Not to be a d*bag man, but I'm lucky enough that my wife works for a Fortune 200 employer, earns more than a 10 year CA (as many in her organization do) here yet, overall their health benefits are worse than ours. Me, my wife and kids are all on our plan. It's all relative perspective so nobody is entitled to anything, everything comes at a price. We're not DL, UA and AA, clearly defined by profit margin and excess capital so yeah, you're statement is correct. I'm not taking sides, but I think maybe sort of the 30,000 foot snap shot of where the chips lie may work. After 8 1/2 years and 6000 hours at a previous employer, is life perfect no, could it be better, yeah, but overall, it is a vast improvement. Do I think there's a place for ALPA, yeah. But, do we torch the place, I think not. Alaska does it very well......and the first round is on me.

My wife is a freaking MD and her health insurance is worse than ours... Go figure.

so the window is closed...any word on how long it'll take to hear if I get an interview?

so the window is closed...any word on how long it'll take to hear if I get an interview?

Nope, it's pretty random. Could be 6 days could be 6 months, could be you have to reapply in the next window.

Did you get any face time at women in aviation? Obap? Internal recs? Do you know the Dave? Are you flying? Current? Got a blue dart? How old are you? Where do you live?

Really, no one knows, if or when you'll get a call for an interview. Have a crown and coke relax and wait and see.

So we can compare our health care to a Fortune 200 company that is not in the airline business but we can't compare to DAL who is in the airline business because DAL is nothing like Jetblue?

Brilliant.

Jetblue pilots are the biggest suckers ever. We self sabotage ourselves before we even start to negotiate with the company. We can certainly compare our costs to DAL or SWA or Alaska. Our health care is just one slice of the total cost to Jetblue of the Jetblue pilot.

So we can compare our health care to a Fortune 200 company that is not in the airline business but we can't compare to DAL who is in the airline business because DAL is nothing like Jetblue?

Brilliant.

Jetblue pilots are the biggest suckers ever. We self sabotage ourselves before we even start to negotiate with the company. We can certainly compare our costs to DAL or SWA or Alaska. Our health care is just one slice of the total cost to Jetblue of the Jetblue pilot.

Not comparing at all, just perspective. Her company nearly triples our revenue, and profit margins. Last time I checked, healthcare was a privilege, not a right. JB does not have DAL's or SWA revenue or profit margin. Can't have champagne ideas on a beer budget. What are you willing to negotiate for better health care? Let the CNC know when the MEC forms and starts the JNC process.

"What are you willing to negotiate for better health care?"

You are already negotiating against yourself.

Brillant!

The employee cost of the Orange Plan far exceeds the employee cost of the DPMP or Alaska PPO.

We had a DPMP type up until 2012 and the company blamed ObamaCare, then didn't, then did again. The reason they dropped the plan is simple - greed. They wanted employees to fund the airline's inefficient operation. We became the shock absorber. The easy target.

Our healthcare is no where close to the choices our peers have. These are both pilot groups smaller and larger than Jetblue. Yet we have a select few that continue to apologize for Jetblue's ELT greed with cute slogans about Beer and Mega Majors and Niche Majors and Major Majors.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back