• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue hiring.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, of all the jets I've flown, the Airbus is by far the easiest. I was just under the impression that the Cape Air guys went to Express Jet first to get some jet time. I guess I'm just old school. I flew pistons for about 2500 hours before I had enough time to get hired to fly turbo props and then had about 7000 hours before I could move on to a major airline to fly jets. Times have really changed. Now hardly anyone has to pay their dues flying turbo props and being a flight engineer. A very lucky new generation of pilots right now.

Day to day the Airbus can lull you into complacency. I've never flown an airplane where things can come "untangled" so fast. In the 13 years I've flown the Airbus I've seen some some really crazy stuff. It actually flies pretty nice when you turn all the magic off, IMHO.

Day to day the Airbus can lull you into complacency. I've never flown an airplane where things can come "untangled" so fast. In the 13 years I've flown the Airbus I've seen some some really crazy stuff. It actually flies pretty nice when you turn all the magic off, IMHO.

I love turning everything off and regressing back to my DC-9 days.

How did this thread devolve from the quality/character of jetblew newhires to how difficult (or not) it is to fly the 320?

I can teach a serial killer to fly the 320. What does that prove?

Here's a question: is a crack a addict a good decision maker?

My point now and later is: this airline will continue it's slow spiral down the toilet. Primarily because of management decisions but in large part to the very low quality of humanity who work at jetblew.

But that point will be ignored by those like B6 who don't want to believe that they made a bad decision.

I'll say this. JetBlue training was excellent, the training center was the best I've seen (ie they're willing to invest in training), and as a customer - still the best coach product in the business bar none.

That said, I too disagree with the gateway program. My sim partner, although a great guy who worked harder than anyone, ultimately left the company because the transition from c402 to E190 proved too big a leap. Heck, when I went from a 402 to a Jetstream back in the day it was a quantum leap... can't imagine sliding right into a bus. All we have as pilots is the toolkit stocked by years of experience flying different airplanes, in different operations, in all four seasons. That can't be easily replaced by simulator training. I hope that Captains prefer an FO with the experience to be more than an apprentice, but rather an engaged participant in the flight. (Think William Riker vs Wesley Crusher)

How did this thread devolve from the quality/character of jetblew newhires to how difficult (or not) it is to fly the 320?

I can teach a serial killer to fly the 320. What does that prove?

Here's a question: is a crack a addict a good decision maker?

My point now and later is: this airline will continue it's slow spiral down the toilet. Primarily because of management decisions but in large part to the very low quality of humanity who work at jetblew.

But that point will be ignored by those like B6 who don't want to believe that they made a bad decision.

Your assumption holds no water unless admit you are speaking of yourself as well.

Not only best of the best, but smart as he'll too, cause they knew blue would make it. Some of em will tell you that!

Most are not as bad as you'd think

Latest resources

Back