• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue hiring.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its actually considerably far more difficult than doing something for sure. Ha, ha.:nuts:

Last edited:
Cape Air gateway guys have been part of the new hires for a long time. We have plenty of qualified applicants.

You guys act like flying an Airbus is like flying the Space Shuttle or something...

Actually, of all the jets I've flown, the Airbus is by far the easiest. I was just under the impression that the Cape Air guys went to Express Jet first to get some jet time. I guess I'm just old school. I flew pistons for about 2500 hours before I had enough time to get hired to fly turbo props and then had about 7000 hours before I could move on to a major airline to fly jets. Times have really changed. Now hardly anyone has to pay their dues flying turbo props and being a flight engineer. A very lucky new generation of pilots right now.

Actually, of all the jets I've flown, the Airbus is by far the easiest. I was just under the impression that the Cape Air guys went to Express Jet first to get some jet time. I guess I'm just old school. I flew pistons for about 2500 hours before I had enough time to get hired to fly turbo props and then had about 7000 hours before I could move on to a major airline to fly jets. Times have really changed. Now hardly anyone has to pay their dues flying turbo props and being a flight engineer. A very lucky new generation of pilots right now.

Yeah. Most regionals just don't have turboprops anymore. There really no difference (in terms of safety and ability required) in going from Cape Air to ExpressJet to fly CRJs and in going to JetBlue to Airbii. A jet is a jet.

Yeah those RJ guys have it easy!

Have you had a look at how those companies have been run into the ground during the past 5 years?

Atrocious scheduling, atrocious pairings, maintenance that while is legal leaves plenty to be desired.

Fly for a United Commuter? Guess who gets the full brunt of every delay program while mainline uses those slots. I'm not disagreeing with the operational decision but realize that those guys look at 90 min delays every afternoon.

The guys I know, the ones who were my CA's at a regional all looked back at the turboprop days as being great in comparison.

7-10 years at a regional nowadays is enough to cut your teeth and get crapped on more than enough.

Yeah. Most regionals just don't have turboprops anymore. There really no difference (in terms of safety and ability required) in going from Cape Air to ExpressJet to fly CRJs and in going to JetBlue to Airbii. A jet is a jet.

Except for the number of people you can kill at once.

Regionals and their training departments are set up to train and weed out inexperienced pilots, they have been doing it for their entire existence. At my first regional 15 of 30 guys made it past IOE. You can guess which airline that was....but it worked.

Major airlines (and their training depts) assume the guy can operate in a fast paced, crew environment while managing a complex piece of equipment. They don't train for or test for a lot of things most of us take for granted. You can catch yourself up or learn as you go on one or two things, but not everything at once.

Cape Air gateway guys have been part of the new hires for a long time. We have plenty of qualified applicants.

You guys act like flying an Airbus is like flying the Space Shuttle or something...

Honestly, nothing against the Cape guys but I'd much rather them start in the 190. It's at least a very conventional jet, whereas the Airbus is a bit weird till you get the hang of it. I would think that would be worse with 0 prior jet time, not to mention the increased complexity of the operation (more Class 2 to more places, etc).

Honestly, nothing against the Cape guys but I'd much rather them start in the 190. It's at least a very conventional jet, whereas the Airbus is a bit weird till you get the hang of it. I would think that would be worse with 0 prior jet time, not to mention the increased complexity of the operation (more Class 2 to more places, etc).

Well, the training program for the Bus certainly isn't as easy for new hires to grasp. We hire plenty of guys with only turboprop time and no automation/FMS experience. I throw those guys in the same category as Cape Air. It can be quite a hurdle.

Since we have no more 190 deliveries, the company doesn't even have a choice about where the new-hires go. Almost all new hires are going to the Airbus now.

There will be plenty of back filled E190 vacancies as current Embraer pilots go to the Bus. There aren't too many pilots who prefer the E190 unless it's for the schedule or base seniority, so it will remain a revolving door.

Well, the training program for the Bus certainly isn't as easy for new hires to grasp. We hire plenty of guys with only turboprop time and no automation/FMS experience. I throw those guys in the same category as Cape Air. It can be quite a hurdle.

Turboprop time and no automation/FMS?

Which airline(s) is that? Wiggins?

GP

Latest resources

Back