• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every pilot who leaves gets replaced with a less expensive year 1 pilot. Regionals have dealt with this for decades, when somebody leaves they replace them and life goes on. Unless JB matches the best compensation in the industry there will be attrition. Anybody who thinks the management of the company isn't prepared to accept pilot attrition isn't thinking clearly, it will be a cost/benefit decision. At what point does the cost of attrition make it worthwhile to spend money to slow atrition. For now, if you lose a pilot you hire another pilot...no problem. If you have some unhappy pilots, also no problem because you are always going to have some unhappy pilots. A lot of guys will complain and talk about leaving, far fewer will actually do it. I would expect that JB compensation will improve, but if you are waiting for the day when it matches the top of the industry you will be waiting a long time, unless of course JB gets absorbed by a carrier that is already at the top.

Every pilot who leaves gets replaced with a less expensive year 1 pilot. Regionals have dealt with this for decades, when somebody leaves they replace them and life goes on. Unless JB matches the best compensation in the industry there will be attrition. Anybody who thinks the management of the company isn't prepared to accept pilot attrition isn't thinking clearly, it will be a cost/benefit decision. At what point does the cost of attrition make it worthwhile to spend money to slow atrition. For now, if you lose a pilot you hire another pilot...no problem. If you have some unhappy pilots, also no problem because you are always going to have some unhappy pilots. A lot of guys will complain and talk about leaving, far fewer will actually do it. I would expect that JB compensation will improve, but if you are waiting for the day when it matches the top of the industry you will be waiting a long time, unless of course JB gets absorbed by a carrier that is already at the top.

Good post. When things get cranking the attrition picture will be very similar to the regional airlines. Junior Captains, and Mid range and junior FOs will leave. Everyone else will stay, with a few exceptions to the rule.

Good post. When things get cranking the attrition picture will be very similar to the regional airlines. Junior Captains, and Mid range and junior FOs will leave. Everyone else will stay, with a few exceptions to the rule.

It will look like Airtran pre 9-11.

So if everyone else ran out of a burning house would you stick around since you'd have the whole place to yourself?

JB is not a burning house. You guys would be complaining if you worked anywhere. You guys are allowed to be unhappy, just as I'm allowed to be happy. I want all the unhappy/bitchy SOBs to leave. Especially the ones senior to me.

JB is not a burning house. You guys would be complaining if you worked anywhere. You guys are allowed to be unhappy, just as I'm allowed to be happy. I want all the unhappy/bitchy SOBs to leave. Especially the ones senior to me.

I agree, just as it was hyperbole for you to say you would stay if everyone else left, it is hyperbolic for people on the other side to think everyone would leave JB. Like I posted above, my opinion is that attrition will be mostly limited to Jr CAs, and FOs on the bottom half of the list.

I am content at jetblue, but if UAL/DAL called then I would go. If I stay at jetblue I will continue to be happy and work to improve on the areas where we need it.

Last edited:
I agree, just as it was hyperbole for you to say you would stay if everyone else left, it is hyperbolic for people on the other side to think everyone would leave JB. Like I posted above, my opinion is that attrition will be mostly limited to Jr CAs, and FOs on the bottom half of the list.

I am content at jetblue, but if UAL/DAL called then I would go. If I stay at jetblue I will continue to be happy and work to improve on the areas where we need it.

Agreed. I definitely think there's room to improve. There always is in any company. But it isn't the flaming pile of poo that would have you believe.

:)

Funny. Look around dude. JB is hardly turd island.
Compared to the worst compensated with nearly all work rules unenforceable and nearly nothing in our PEA that is non discreationary, no profit sharing with a near 9% operating margin, vacation, alter ego protection we have it just better than turd island. Best yet our ELT for the past 3 years been completely adversarial to agreeing to the basic facts.

Compared to the worst compensated with nearly all work rules unenforceable and nearly nothing in our PEA that is non discreationary, no profit sharing with a near 9% operating margin, vacation, alter ego protection we have it just better than turd island. Best yet our ELT for the past 3 years been completely adversarial to agreeing to the basic facts.

Yeah. Still one of the best jobs out there.

A little perspective would really do you guys some good. Most captains make nearly as much as my wife does as a family physician, and quite a few make more. She works much harder, and has much more school debt. To top it all off, her job is much less stable.

In the grand scheme, we have a great deal. The whining and moaning is getting old. You sound like spoiled little teenagers. "Bobby at Delta gets more pizza than I get!!! Whaaaaaaa!!!!"

STFU

Yeah. Still one of the best jobs out there.

A little perspective would really do you guys some good. Most captains make nearly as much as my wife does as a family physician, and quite a few make more. She works much harder, and has much more school debt. To top it all off, her job is much less stable.

In the grand scheme, we have a great deal. The whining and moaning is getting old. You sound like spoiled little teenagers. "Bobby at Delta gets more pizza than I get!!! Whaaaaaaa!!!!"

STFU

Your great deal is a unwritten promise while DAL's is in a contract.

Oh great another pucknutjob comparing major airline pilot compensation to the "grand scheme" not our peers. Grand scheme is just a jacknutjob saying "you are paid more than a Target Employee so whatcha bitching about".

No wonder .... Your wife makes $160 plus while you suck it up for less than $50K. Now go hug your wife for allowing you to eat, sleep, raise kids while at the bottom of the list at BlueJet for the next 10 years. You are perfect for Bluejet since you are the b!tch of your family unit and is exactly WHY the Band of Blue hired you. You are happy with so little because your wife is the real provider. Targeted selection Nancy Boy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back