• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are theoretically correct. However, your theory depends heavily on one very important assumption. An assumption that I have observed to be largely false so far at least.

What assumption would that be, I'm curious?

What assumption would that be, I'm curious?

I think you have a good idea, it I think dl Aa and dual will favor blue pilots. I also think it will work to some degree. However, I have NEVER flown with any captain here that has his resume out. Some furlough recalls yes, but no new applicants. The fo's I talked to are mixed, some applying and many not. So there is probably only 25% of the JetBlue pilots actively pursuing other companies. Can change though.

I think you have a good idea, it I think dl Aa and dual will favor blue pilots. I also think it will work to some degree. However, I have NEVER flown with any captain here that has his resume out. Some furlough recalls yes, but no new applicants. The fo's I talked to are mixed, some applying and many not. So there is probably only 25% of the JetBlue pilots actively pursuing other companies. Can change though.

If we start falling further and further behind (most likely) that might change.

How many LIFT awards does it take to pay a mortgage?

I've flown with about 7-10 Airbus captains that have Applications out to Delta, United, and or FedEx all under 45 years old. Now would they actually leave that is the question but they all have taken the time to fill out the applications fully and update them.

I can say that my experience has been different from Smarta$$. Most captains I fly with are staying, unless they are junior and young.

However, I have yet to meet a copilot that hasn't got apps out there. The universal response as to why doesn't even include pay, benefits, etc. It's always the same thing. "In the next 10 years I'm going to move up about 100 numbers." No movement. While at every legacy, you'll move up 100 numbers in a few months.

The math says go if you are in the right seat, it even says go if you are a young enough and junior enough captain. I think most guys realize this, and once the hiring starts bigtime, it's going to get real ugly.

I've flown with about 7-10 Airbus captains that have Applications out to Delta, United, and or FedEx all under 45 years old. Now would they actually leave that is the question but they all have taken the time to fill out the applications fully and update them.

But, but, but...will they get LIFT awards at those places? I think that should be a determining factor. How do you "place a value" on a LIFT? You can't. The emotional/psychological benefits are simply immeasurable.

I can say that my experience has been different from Smarta$$. Most captains I fly with are staying, unless they are junior and young.

However, I have yet to meet a copilot that hasn't got apps out there. The universal response as to why doesn't even include pay, benefits, etc. It's always the same thing. "In the next 10 years I'm going to move up about 100 numbers." No movement. While at every legacy, you'll move up 100 numbers in a few months.

The math says go if you are in the right seat, it even says go if you are a young enough and junior enough captain. I think most guys realize this, and once the hiring starts bigtime, it's going to get real ugly.

Which is exactly why I'm planning to stay. What the seniority calculator doesn't take into account is the attrition to other carriers. I'm hoping lots of people are pissed off and leave. I think everyone senior to me should go to Delta. ;)

Which is exactly why I'm planning to stay. What the seniority calculator doesn't take into account is the attrition to other carriers. I'm hoping lots of people are pissed off and leave. I think everyone senior to me should go to Delta. ;)

So if everyone else ran out of a burning house would you stick around since you'd have the whole place to yourself?

Latest resources

Back