Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA, is this pilot senior to you?
Typical JB pilot. (I say that with 10+ years with JB).
Do you not hear what he is saying? Does management not hear it, see it?
Do you want to relace him with piston-only pilots? We already have TP-only pilots. How about SEL CFIs?
You don't care, as long as you're senior to them.
My opinion, management doesn't care, until it costs them their bonuses.

I am so glad that I only have a few years left.

Last edited:
This attitude continues to allow management a 25% discount in our compensation.

First of all, that was sarcasm. I don't think that the grass is greener most anywhere else. I do think that most people underestimate what they have, and overestimate what others have.

Second, I will always be supportive of someone senior to me departing the seniority list. If they want to go, I want them to go.

Can things improve here? Yes. And will improve, if for no other reason than market forces due to people leaving. I see people leaving as doubly positive: 1. It will put pressure on management to fix things. 2. In a seniority system, senior people leaving is a good thing for junior people.

First of all, that was sarcasm. I don't think that the grass is greener most anywhere else. I do think that most people underestimate what they have, and overestimate what others have.

Second, I will always be supportive of someone senior to me departing the seniority list. If they want to go, I want them to go.

Can things improve here? Yes. And will improve, if for no other reason than market forces due to people leaving. I see people leaving as doubly positive: 1. It will put pressure on management to fix things. 2. In a seniority system, senior people leaving is a good thing for junior people.

Yupppp....

Can anyone speak to loss of medical/loss of license insurance.

Short term disability paid by you,if you so choose, lasts 6 months with a max payout, I forget the numbers. I want to say it's $7000 for a captain. Then long term disability commences until you come back or til age 65 and pays 60% with no max but is taxable. Disability is not in your pea so it's not written in stone.

Jetblue would be a great place to work:

1) if everyone quit
2) if you married the fat ugly chick who has a better career.
3) if DAL buys Jetblue.

Gotta love the new generation of new hires.

Jetblue would be a great place to work:

1) if everyone quit
2) if you married the fat ugly chick who has a better career.
3) if DAL buys Jetblue.

Gotta love the new generation of new hires.

1. I said nothing of the sort. You need to brush up on reading comprehension.
2. I'm sorry you married an ugly chick, but again, check up on your reading comprehension. I have the better job, not my wife.
3. Maybe.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back