• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue hires Freedom types!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When airlines hire people like this, it proves once and ofr all that chraracter does not really matter.

If they can be rewarded for doing what they did, I guess the genie is out of the bottle.

Freedom still hiring btw...?

100LL...

The non-union Freedom of old is dead. The Freedom "A" pilots have been re-integrated into the Mesa seniority list as far as I know.

Yes, true by definition those previously at Freedom Air are not Scabs. The fact they are much worse than that is a matter a matter of perspective. jetBlue, as a non-union shop, would have no protocol to inquire about that terrible scenario.

All I can say is congratulations for their career advancement, albeit at the cost of all the other ALPA pilots. Hypothetically, what would happen if Blue ever unionized?

Tailwinds...

Another question. How are the ALPA represented companies screening them out? I've been told that WN is carefully screening them out. True? Legal? I for one don't know how you could do it (considering all the legalities concerning hiring), but I'll try the rubber hose method next time I get the opportunity.

Well, since we're one the subject, anybody have a list of the Freedumb people? PM if necessary, never EVEN SEEN the list above, good stuff to have.

One who will work at an airline formed to force another airlines pilots who are in contract negotiations to have to settle for a sub-par contract, are the same ones who will fly struck work! If Mesa Pilots walked the line freedumbasses would fly the routes. Its just that simple!

Skank said:
Another question. How are the ALPA represented companies screening them out? I've been told that WN is carefully screening them out. True? Legal? I for one don't know how you could do it (considering all the legalities concerning hiring), but I'll try the rubber hose method next time I get the opportunity.

We all know that airlines turn candidates down without explanation.

As far as scabs at other airlines (CAL, UAL ...)I think these guys crossed at their own airlines and stayed on. They weren't hired off the streets after they had scabbed.

Freedom guys are not scabs, they were either anti-union and followed their beliefs, or were simply self-serving and looking out for number one (my money's on the latter.)

Hey Pipejockey......

the Freedumbasses WERE taking our jobs, unlike other "threats" to other pilot groups, were we getting our flying turned over to those ba$tards as fast as they could take delivery. Its one thing to talk crap about Mesa pilots and then bend over for your own "concessions," Mesa pilots actually HAD their flying taken awayFAST. It was designed by JO and Mike Lotz to be that way, for maximum impact. Guys were getting 88 hr lines awarded, then replaced by Freedumb and getting put on RSV and pay drops to 70 hrs and ALPA could do nothing! The pilots, 77% anyway, voted to save their jobs, I voted no. Apathy was the culprit, enabled by a lame MEC and a worried ALPA national.

That's not surprising that jetBlue hired those Freedom guys. There are a bunch of scabs from other airlines (ex. EAL) working there already.

Latest resources

Back