Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wscrj

Arctic Humboldt
Evidently, there are currently two original Freedom types in the newhire class at jetBlue.

That's just...wonderful.

wscrj said:
Evidently, there are currently two original Freedom types in the newhire class at jetBlue.

That's just...wonderful.

:eek: :eek: Awful news - they are still on the scab list and that won't ever change - right?

Why am I not surprised that a non-union airline would be quick to hire people they know will stab their union brothers in the back. I certainly hope the JB pilots look at the scab list and take note of who these lowlifes are and make their lives as un-enjoyable as possible.

To be fair to JetBlue, they also hired my regional's MEC chairman a couple years ago.

Of course, our MEC voted in favor of concessions during record company profits, so make your own decision.

Datafox

I can hear the interview now: "So tell us, will you stab your fellow pilot in the back to better yourself?" "What do you think about unions?" "We can offer you a job today because you are a scab."

Come on guys, get real. Nothing is asked or done in the interview to distinguish who might be a scab. And you will not be disqualified because of your union history, good or bad. Besides that, the thread started because we hired guys from Freedom and I don't remember Mesa or Freedom being on strike recently. If the guy or gal comes here and it becomes obvious everything is about them, they won't be very happy here and will not be around long.

This thread will turn into another union argument and jetblue bashing message. Not again.......

"So tell us, will you stab your fellow pilot in the back to better yourself?" "What do you think about unions?" "We can offer you a job today because you are a scab."

None of these questions need to be asked. Freedom Air under your work history says it all. I think he has a right to be a little frustrated....I mean come on I see you worked your way into Jetblue, I'm sure it was a long road. There are plenty of us out here that have been struggling to get out of the regionals yet alone just upgrade. But these guys sold out, and Mesa pilots had to make sacrifices to stop them, then they just swagger right on into one of the few dream jobs available. They know what they did is wrong......everyone is out for self and that's why life at this level will continue to get worse before it gets better. While yes I'll agree lately in a way we are all stabbing each other in the back with concessions, sub par contracts, etc, etc.......Freedom types specifically screwed us all. AD

datafox said:
To be fair to JetBlue, they also hired my regional's MEC chairman a couple years ago.

Of course, our MEC voted in favor of concessions during record company profits, so make your own decision.

Datafox

That is an unfair statement. Airlines like ACA and my own airline will be profitable right up until the time they file for bankruptcy. If UAL were to liquidate, at the time of the concession discussions (pre-Indy), ACA will no longer make those "record profits." Are you aware of how these "cost-plus" agreements work?

Sam

Am I wrong when I assume a SCAB is an individual who crosses a picket line? Did I miss when MESA struck? From the other threads on this board it seems more like they buckled.

I think this whole conversation is quite funny. To carry it even further...guys at mainline could be calling regional guys scabs because the regionals are stealing food off of their plates.

Latest resources

Back