• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Gateway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cmon Joe dont pick apart my post to support your argument..

I was making a statement that WHEN the shortage hits and all of the airlines roll into hiring high gear that a pilot may be making a better career choice going from their twin cessna to a regional. That may lead to a quicker upgrade, accrual of pic jet time and make them more competitive for a fast track to a true " Destination Airline " Getting stuck in the right seat at blue could cost them a couple years. Doesnt mean that the regional job may suck and it certainly doesnt insuinate that the regional job is better than blue but the career path progression may be.

Nobody is being called a " FOOL " for coming to blue. I was saying that you would be a fool to think that the gateway program was the path to the pinnacle of your career because better options exist.

Now answer something for me You state that you are all for a union and admit that we have these problems that need fixed. Do you TRULY think that our current ELT is going to wave their magic wand and fix our issues? I will certainly not call you a fool because my experience flying with you is that you are anything but that BUT you are truly foolish to think that our current team has any inclination to make us whole. There is a comprehensive plan to strip what little we have left. Read your pvc emails, analize the blue truth communications and seek confirmation. Finish by reading the poorly executed sewage spewed by the PAR team.

Sorry no drama here just facts..

Cmon Joe dont pick apart my post to support your argument..

I was making a statement that WHEN the shortage hits and all of the airlines roll into hiring high gear that a pilot may be making a better career choice going from their twin cessna to a regional. That may lead to a quicker upgrade, accrual of pic jet time and make them more competitive for a fast track to a true " Destination Airline " Getting stuck in the right seat at blue could cost them a couple years. Doesnt mean that the regional job may suck and it certainly doesnt insuinate that the regional job is better than blue but the career path progression may be.

Nobody is being called a " FOOL " for coming to blue. I was saying that you would be a fool to think that the gateway program was the path to the pinnacle of your career because better options exist.

Now answer something for me You state that you are all for a union and admit that we have these problems that need fixed. Do you TRULY think that our current ELT is going to wave their magic wand and fix our issues? I will certainly not call you a fool because my experience flying with you is that you are anything but that BUT you are truly foolish to think that our current team has any inclination to make us whole. There is a comprehensive plan to strip what little we have left. Read your pvc emails, analize the blue truth communications and seek confirmation. Finish by reading the poorly executed sewage spewed by the PAR team.

Sorry no drama here just facts..

I see what you are saying and I misread your post.
(sorry about that)
I do read the q reports the pvc emails the par emails the bluetruth emails, I listen to the pod-casts and Robs phone show. I ask everyone I can what they have seen happen and what they think will happen. I do this to educate myself so I will be ready to make an informed choice when the time comes. I do have to ask have you seen this "comprehensive plan"? I have no doubt if we vote in a union it will take a ton of work to fix things and the ELT nor ALPA will wave their wands and fix it all right away. The ELT will get the union it deserves. The ELT has it in their hands right now if they were to fix most things do you think a union vote would pass? As for the gateway, if Blue grabs these guys right out of school you will see a whole new level of ...and I hate the term...."blue juicer" I am a middle of the road guy who needs to stop reading bluepilots for my own sanity.....I think i will just stick to flightinfo and airlinepilotcentral....

If the elt fixed the 20 some odd items outstanding i dont think a union would pass. I do feel that they already expect a union and figure they might as well seek efficiencies and then negotiate back to the previous status quo.. I do think the group is beyond that at this point

If the elt fixed the 20 some odd items outstanding i dont think a union would pass. I do feel that they already expect a union and figure they might as well seek efficiencies and then negotiate back to the previous status quo.. I do think the group is beyond that at this point

I could see that.

I think our management suffers from arrogant incompetence. They really believe they can beat any union drive, this is based on personal communications with those much closer to mgmt then me.

I see what you are saying and I misread your post.
(sorry about that)
I do read the q reports the pvc emails the par emails the bluetruth emails, I listen to the pod-casts and Robs phone show. I ask everyone I can what they have seen happen and what they think will happen. I do this to educate myself so I will be ready to make an informed choice when the time comes. I do have to ask have you seen this "comprehensive plan"? I have no doubt if we vote in a union it will take a ton of work to fix things and the ELT nor ALPA will wave their wands and fix it all right away. The ELT will get the union it deserves. The ELT has it in their hands right now if they were to fix most things do you think a union vote would pass? As for the gateway, if Blue grabs these guys right out of school you will see a whole new level of ...and I hate the term...."blue juicer" I am a middle of the road guy who needs to stop reading bluepilots for my own sanity.....I think i will just stick to flightinfo and airlinepilotcentral....

Just curious...how long have you been at the Blue? I'm a 2005 hire and many have said this every year when the pay/benefits review comes around. Although we may have had one or two improvements, they have not come fast or comprehensive enough. There are still huge gaps to bring us up to a "real" major airline pilot status.

After you have had the football pulled away as many times as I have, these guys could give me the world and I would still vote yes.

Last edited:
If you guys have any questions about the real jetblue send a pm to b6driver Apparently everyone on this board ( me included ) are just clueless incompetents. He just couldnt help himself in his rapid fire PM's to me.

Translated as: I am an apathetic unengaged, uneduacted pilot that refuse to learn the facts and or just dont care because i am either 1. senior enough that my special jb experience is all that matters or 2. I am truly clueless and blind to the reality as our professional careers slowly erode in the name of corporate efficiencies and funding of a near 40% annual increase in elt compensation and bonus.

Question of the day: Why would our elt add a clause to their contracts that guarantee 100% bonus targets for their up to 100% of annual salary bonuses in the event of a transactional event? I thought we were growing organically?

Also why would our elt need an unlimited codeshare in exchange for a sub industry average raise?

If you guys have any questions about the real jetblue send a pm to b6driver Apparently everyone on this board ( me included ) are just clueless incompetents. He just couldnt help himself in his rapid fire PM's to me.

Translated as: I am an apathetic unengaged, uneduacted pilot that refuse to learn the facts and or just dont care because i am either 1. senior enough that my special jb experience is all that matters or 2. I am truly clueless and blind to the reality as our professional careers slowly erode in the name of corporate efficiencies and funding of a near 40% annual increase in elt compensation and bonus.

Question of the day: Why would our elt add a clause to their contracts that guarantee 100% bonus targets for their up to 100% of annual salary bonuses in the event of a transactional event? I thought we were growing organically?

Also why would our elt need an unlimited codeshare in exchange for a sub industry average raise?

He's 1 of 2 people on my ignore list. He is a moron. Hopeless and clueless.

Care to compare medical plans?

Although not a regional, my friend at Netjets just had a child. Out of pocket costs? $100. And that was for Florida's "child permit" or whatever fee it was called.

I didn't become a professional airline pilot to end up with a medical plan on par with Walmart and the whole "if you don't like it here, then go somewhere else" meme tends to lose its appeal since I began flying airplanes in 1991.

Medical is $hit, retirement is $hit. I know this. But $85 bucks an hour is more than most regional captains make, not including premium. It's up to you to do the math and decide if it's worth it. If you're a young single guy, it's a no brainer. If you're on reserve, chances are it's still a no brainer. If you're senior as hell, or have a family, things change. Up to you to decide. But odds are, the math will favor JetBlue is most circumstances.

BTW, Netjets ain't no damn POS regional. WAAAAAAAY different. I wouldn't leave Netjets for JetBlue. I would leave damn near any regional.

Latest resources

Back