• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Gateway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for them. I wish I could've done that. Anyone that says differently is lying. I'm sure some will say that it's not necessary and that JetBlue will have plenty of resumes. I'm guessing JetBlue likes this program because they are so big on culture. They get to look at the pilot and get to know him/her for years before they get to JetBlue. Many can put on a facade for a few hours during an interview only to turn into nightmares out on the line. The people that don't like this program are just jealous and it goes to the core of many pilots "if I had to do it so do you" mentality.

Did anyone else watch the video and hear Barger drop Expressjet's name in there? A little peak into the future of this program maybe?

From your profile your view is a bit biased too.

From your profile your view is a bit biased too.

I could see where you could think that but I'm not a part of this program, nor have I ever been. I actually used to have a very different opinion of it. I came to realize it was just envy or jealousy or the old paying your dues attitude that helped form that opinion.

deleted

Last edited:
It is actually a gateway for all airlines. They will enter the program realize that the entire pay and benefits package sucks and they will apply elsewhere and get hired. Guys if you are in this pipeline and working towards this keep motivated and do your best. Listen to all the advice given to you and take every opportunity to gain experience.

That being said you are a fool if you think that JB is the pinnacle of a fasttrack career path for you. There are MUCH better opportunities at nearly every other major.

I cant believe I am saying this but you may actually be better off going to one of the regionals. If they dont now they will within a few years have flowthroughs as staffing becomes more challenging.

JB is cutting pay and benefits through efficiencies. I personally made 8k less last year than the year prior and worked 15 days more. This month we have pilots awarded 70 hours lines with 12 days off..

Learn about jb at www.bluetruthpilots.com learn the fact, gather information, and make an unemotional forward looking educated business decision

It is actually a gateway for all airlines. They will enter the program realize that the entire pay and benefits package sucks and they will apply elsewhere and get hired. Guys if you are in this pipeline and working towards this keep motivated and do your best. Listen to all the advice given to you and take every opportunity to gain experience.

That being said you are a fool if you think that JB is the pinnacle of a fasttrack career path for you. There are MUCH better opportunities at nearly every other major.

I cant believe I am saying this but you may actually be better off going to one of the regionals. If they dont now they will within a few years have flowthroughs as staffing becomes more challenging.

JB is cutting pay and benefits through efficiencies. I personally made 8k less last year than the year prior and worked 15 days more. This month we have pilots awarded 70 hours lines with 12 days off..

Learn about jb at www.bluetruthpilots.com learn the fact, gather information, and make an unemotional forward looking educated business decision

Yep, even if we get a union and a pay raise, with all the retirements, bases, and worldwide widebody fleets offered at the legacies, you would be an idiot to stay at JB.

The smart play for these ERAU sky kings is to take that 402 time and sell their soul to some regional and stick it out. Quick upgrade and valuable jet PIC time.

Plus, they'll have the protection of a CBA, like they did at Cape Air.

It's only a "gateway" to putting all your eggs in one basket. There are much, much better career pathways available for someone with 3000+ hours and a ton of multi-engine time.

In about 3-4 years, you're not going to need TPIC. Every carrier will not be able to hire fast enough. B6 can hire all the Cape Air Riddle Rats they want and feed them all the culture they want, it won't stop them from leaving, especially once they get a taste of the lovely lack of benefits and retirement.

The only thing that is going to stop B6 from becoming a type rating factory is better compensation, which management is seemingly unwilling to do.

They are about to have a mass exodus, and are completely clueless about it. They've never had to deal with a good pilot hiring market before, they've been completely spoiled by always being in a post 9/11 environment. Now the tide is turning and they have their heads in the sand and are refusing to deal with reality.

It's going to be bad.

Latest resources

Back