• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Gateway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are reading this keep in mind that some of the posters above are newer ( as in last couple years ) pilots here even recently they have defended the company as they gathered facts for themselves. They did and had the benefit of a PVC Pilot Values Committe that is completely transparent in showing our shortcomings. Now some of these same guys are saying " Dont waste your time "

Stall, delay, divert has been a regular theme here and this time its caught up with the elt even though they dont know it yet. We could seriously be in trouble. If it works for you great come on in let them spend tens of thousands training you and then wait until a better deal comes along. IT WILL and SOON !! If you have to sign some training contract or are on the hook for 2-5 years tell them to pound sand..

Dont compromise Dont Lower your Standards or Expectations.. ITs your market your time

Tell them the truth that our pay benefits workrules elt performance and investor confidence in our diluted stock is bad business decision for your future and family.

We have hundreds of guys that came here in the last 3-4 years that bought the sales pitch and they have realized they are going backwards

Last edited:
Tell them the truth that our pay benefits workrules elt performance and investor confidence in our diluted stock is bad business decision for your future and family.

Yeah stick it out at a regional much better Idea.
You guys are a bunch of DRAMA queens so much anger between here and bluepilots and yet I DON'T SEE A UNION DRIVE....I am ready to vote yes. Now that you are all at jetblue you make it out that someone at a regional or anywhere else, can just snap their fingers and end up at United. The funny thing is ALL OF YOU took the time to apply here and for the guys hired since I have been here the only big change to the downside was healthcare(which got bad). Yes I know what the ELT wants. We did get the extra retirement and a pay bump. I am waiting to see what they come out with and till that happens what is the point of debating this. It is all up to the ELT to fix the problems....and there are many.....or have a union. I was a captain at a regional doing pretty well and living in base and do not regret coming to jetblue one bit. I would rather sit here and evaluate than sit where I was, and it must be the same for many of you unless jetblue just forced you to come work here. This industry changes fast, a year or two ago jetblue looked like a good deal now things have shifted and if they want to compete they have to catch up. But how about you guys lay off calling people fools for what they want to do. For the record about 50% up the list and in September 18 days off and 77 hours. We can play that game with any airline schedule. I am not a juicer but at the same time I think you guys get really get carried away with this stuff. Soon you will all be like Barney on bluepilots talking about burning the place down. Jetblue is what it is and I don't understand why so many people are shocked by that. When I was interviewing The Dave came in and said point blank you will not be the highest paid.....now here is where it gets sticky, he did say you will be paid average.....now its time to get that and failure to do so I think will be a union. The PVC is doing a great job with what they can and I hope they continue to offer the other side of the ELT story. All we can do is work in the system we have NOW and if enough guys don't like it or the ELT dicks up this pay review we change they system with a vote.

Yep, even if we get a union and a pay raise, with all the retirements, bases, and worldwide widebody fleets offered at the legacies, you would be an idiot to stay at JB.

So why did you even take the time to come here?
Should have just stayed where you were and waited for a "real airline"

So why did you even take the time to come here?
Should have just stayed where you were and waited for a "real airline"

Depends on your situation. Probably not. As a 3rd year FO I make more money than most of my RJ captain friends.

Jetblue is still a step up from damn near any Regional, and if you are senior enough for it not to be, you're probably a lifer anyway.

Depends on your situation. Probably not. As a 3rd year FO I make more money than most of my RJ captain friends.

Jetblue is still a step up from damn near any Regional, and if you are senior enough for it not to be, you're probably a lifer anyway.

I agree

You guys are a bunch of DRAMA queens so much anger between here and bluepilots and yet I DON'T SEE A UNION DRIVE....I am ready to vote yes.

Just because one does not see something does not necessarily mean there is nothing to see. The union drive is alive and well. The DR has done a great job of turning no voters into yes voters. The tide has turned and our time will come.

Once there are enough interest cards signed, there will be a vote. It may surprise you to know that there are plenty of yes voters who still have not turned in a card.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

"In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

Care to compare medical plans?

Although not a regional, my friend at Netjets just had a child. Out of pocket costs? $100. And that was for Florida's "child permit" or whatever fee it was called.

I didn't become a professional airline pilot to end up with a medical plan on par with Walmart and the whole "if you don't like it here, then go somewhere else" meme tends to lose its appeal since I began flying airplanes in 1991.

Care to compare medical plans?

Although not a regional, my friend at Netjets just had a child. Out of pocket costs? $100. And that was for Florida's "child permit" or whatever fee it was called.

I didn't become a professional airline pilot to end up with a medical plan on par with Walmart and the whole "if you don't like it here, then go somewhere else" meme tends to lose its appeal since I began flying airplanes in 1991.

Your friend must be lucky. My friend at NetJets has been unemployed for almost 4 years now.

Your friend must be lucky. My friend at NetJets has been unemployed for almost 4 years now.

So does that mean we should continue to tolerate substandard healthcare and retirement packages?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm employed and so far the paychecks have cleared, HOWEVER, the continuous lies, deceits, delays and corporate spin tactics have gotten OLD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3bhh8fqYs

Latest resources

Back