Jetblue ERJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blue Dude said:
As it turns out, I agree with both of you guys, but I'm not sure it'll do much good to talk about it here. I sincerely hope that you wrote about this in the last Speak Up survey, where it'll have the most impact. Somebody had to say it, and the more the better.

Would be worth mentioning at the next pocket session, too. This is a disappointing issue for me as well. I think it is for a lot of people.

Not that it's going to matter but Embraer lists their aircraft as the ERJ-135, ERJ-140, ERJ-145, Embraer 170, Embraer 175, Embraer 190, and Embraer 195. Perhaps this is to differentiate between the "RJ's" (ERJ-XXX) and the "Non-RJ's" (Embraer XXX).

Yes, thats exactly why they did that (Embraer). I read an artical a while back that they realized that scope restrictions would make this a better choice for the mainline than for the feeders. Hence the change. They are marketing it as a mainline airplane.

Bill, your a dork.

Last edited:
I'm a dork? Look at your avatar and those dorky blue shirts you guys wear. I think I will allow you RJ guys to keep the dork title for another day.

Sorry, I didn't look at your profile before I posted. I didn't realize you flew for Mesa, not JB. Your still a dork though.

(chanting)
I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I? I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?

MY PLANE IS BIGGER THAN YOUR PLANE! MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD! MOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYY... HE'S PICKING ON ME!

;) :D

Whatever happened to civil discussion?

"Civility is the first casualty to ignorance or arrogance."

So you guys and gals at B6 don't like the coming B scale for the 190's?

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. Republic has already purchased the 170, and their options include upgrades for the 175, 190, 195(up to 50 to be exact). While MDA is limitd to the 170/175, if they are still around in a few years, you will probably see the 190/195 on property.

Mesa is talking about the 190, and so is SkyWest. They will buy these plans to hedge their bets just as Republic has done. These three will probably be flying some independent routes in the next few years, and Jetblue will need to compete price-wise with them.

It's better to have the B-scale from the beginning rather than trying to wrangle it at a later date.

Hi!

I can assure you, that PAX will like the -170/190 a lot better than any of the previous "RJs".

The big feature that the Embraers have is 2+2 seating. PAX complained LOUDLY about the middle seat, so Embraer removed it.

As someone else noted, the 737 and DC-9 WERE originally marketed and designed as regional jets.

All that matters is that U get to fly, and U feel U R paid a decent wage with decent work rules. I'd fly a recip if it was a "better" job, in my opinon, than my current jet job. I don't care if it has 30 seats, 100, 500 or 0 seats. I also don't care how fast or high it flies.

CLiff
LRD

To throw a little fuel on this fire...

My type application reads ERJ-170. Why? Because the Feds say so.

Reading through all 48 of these posts regarding whether new Embraer 170/190's are RJ's or not, I can now more fully understand why my wife thinks pilots are such idiots!! You guys really need to get a life ......

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back