Jetblue ERJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bill Nelson said:
Maybe you guys can get your union to make the company give you some different shirts so you don't look like Caravan pilots walking through the terminal. Let the world know that you are RJ pilots, not Caravan pilots, damit!

We'll be sure to put it on the ballot at the next union meeting.

C ya:D

Bill Nelson said:
It is an RJ! But why do any of us care. Let the passengers decide. I promise people will buy tickets to fly on it even if it is uncomfortable and little (I assume it will suck to ride on like all the other ERJ's so far). Thats all that really matters.
Hey Bill, why don't you go find a trailer hitch and see if you can su*k all the chrome off it.

Bill Nelson said:
It is an RJ! But why do any of us care. Let the passengers decide. I promise people will buy tickets to fly on it even if it is uncomfortable and little (I assume it will suck to ride on like all the other ERJ's so far). Thats all that really matters.

That depends. I went and took a look at the interior specs off the website. If you're 6' 2" or shorter, you should be able to stand up without a problem (I'm 5' 11" so I'm set). That's my big complaint, that on a longer trip I can't even stand up to stretch.

Secondly, if the seats are as comfy as other jetBlue seats, have the nifty little TV sets, and have just as good or better seat pitch so my knees don't get smashed when the guy in front of me reclines (which is what happens to me on the Northwest DC-9 I have to commute on which holds 105 people), I don't think the pax will care, as I wouldn't and I'm in the back of one of those things 2 or 3 times a week...

Just a thought... and you guys were right about the 170/190 thing, hadn't done that much research until now. Should be fun to fly! Cheers...

NOT SO FAST BROTHER 320!

First you need to draft a motion, then enter it into the meeting agenda, have it seconded, have the draft wording approved by ALPA national, allow 10 working days (or 250 non-holiday hours) for the motion to be posted at the JFK LEC level . . . and THEN we can have a show of hands at the meeting as to moving forward to MEC review, final draft wording pending legal review and alignment with our master 10-year plan and our vision statement, to be followed by posting on the LGB and FLL base LEC boards . . . and THEN we can move to an official mail-in ballet.

After that we'll forward to results to the Negotiation Commitee for their consideration in the next round of contract talks. If contract language is changed, then we'll need to meet again with management to discuss the implementation plan. Then we'll need to block time with an arbitrator to settle the numerous grivances resulting from the change in shirt color.

I think we can change to a shade of blue more matching my eyes in about 6 years and $290,000 in union dues. Time and money well spent I think we can all agree.

Our Blue shirts some of you hate so much hide the ring-around-the-collar better than those white shirts do. Beyond that, who cares? Oh, and about that RJ or not thing, who cares? Life is too short to be debating that stuff ad naseum.

So let's see a Supra its not a Toyota but a Corrolla is..right...
EMB (fill in the blanks) it's an RJ and thats why we are always
going to be uderpaid..

Here's one definition:

Click Here

And Another [Note the RJ definition in paragraph (6)]:

Click Here

There are a lot of shades of gray in how a RJ is defined depending on who you ask. However, the idea that Embraer is the manufacturer, ergo all its different aircraft types are RJs is faulty logic.

Skygod said:
NOT SO FAST BROTHER 320!

First you need to draft a motion, then enter it into the meeting agenda, have it seconded, have the draft wording approved by ALPA national, allow 10 working days (or 250 non-holiday hours) for the motion to be posted at the JFK LEC level . . . and THEN we can have a show of hands at the meeting as to moving forward to MEC review, final draft wording pending legal review and alignment with our master 10-year plan and our vision statement, to be followed by posting on the LGB and FLL base LEC boards . . . and THEN we can move to an official mail-in ballet.

After that we'll forward to results to the Negotiation Commitee for their consideration in the next round of contract talks. If contract language is changed, then we'll need to meet again with management to discuss the implementation plan. Then we'll need to block time with an arbitrator to settle the numerous grivances resulting from the change in shirt color.

I think we can change to a shade of blue more matching my eyes in about 6 years and $290,000 in union dues. Time and money well spent I think we can all agree.

Sounds simple enough. :cool:

When are you guys gonna learn?
The E145 is not a "regional jet"
The E170 is not a "regional jet"
The E190 is not a "Regional jet"

There is NO such thing as a regional jet. Yes the E145 was originally designed for small feeder operations but over time the mission changed. What region am I flying in when I go from EWR to NAS in my E145, or EWR to MCI?

The term regional jet is one that is used by the greedy managements of the world in order to ratchet down pilot wages, period, end of story.
Therefore the E190's that JetBlue is buying are definatly NOT regional jets. JetBlue is using the airplane as part of their grand plan.....not as an excuse to water down their wages.

SOOO you "Mine airplane and beat up your airplane" types, get used to it....when you finally finish flight school, you'll probably end up an an Embraer for a little while.

Me? Yep I fly the E145, its a good airplane and I would be thrilled to fly the E190 for JetBlue. Frankly, I think the E190 is kinda sexy.

That's been my point all along. 30+ posts debating the useless argument of the definition of "regional jet". :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back