• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the point is that the last thing we need here are a bunch of new starry-eyed pilots who will side with the company by default 'cause they get to fly big jets and it's a better job than the regional they came from. This "better job" is rapidly deteriorating but you need time on station to recognize it. Feel free to apply but please don't get in the way of long term efforts to make this place worth having as a career.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

GP

I think the point is that the last thing we need here are a bunch of new starry-eyed pilots who will side with the company by default 'cause they get to fly big jets and it's a better job than the regional they came from. This "better job" is rapidly deteriorating but you need time on station to recognize it. Feel free to apply but please don't get in the way of long term efforts to make this place worth having as a career.

That's all fine. My point was that if someone comes in, reviews the facts, lives the life, and decides after all of that to vote no, well, that is why we live in 'Umerica isn't it? If I were you, I wouldn't want blind "yes" voters either. Come in, learn about the situation, and make an informed vote.

I'm in the pool, and I'm not committed either way to yes or no. As an outsider, how could I have enough information to make that determination?

That's all fine. My point was that if someone comes in, reviews the facts, lives the life, and decides after all of that to vote no, well, that is why we live in 'Umerica isn't it? If I were you, I wouldn't want blind "yes" voters either. Come in, learn about the situation, and make an informed vote.

It's good you're willing to become informed, but make sure you actually do become informed rather than just parrot the expertly developed company marketing. And remember that not voting is a perfectly acceptable response to not fully comprehending the situation and history. It's certainly better than reflexively voting no as so many other newbies do.

It's good you're willing to become informed, but make sure you actually do become informed rather than just parrot the expertly developed company marketing. And remember that not voting is a perfectly acceptable response to not fully comprehending the situation and history. It's certainly better than reflexively voting no as so many other newbies do.

Don't you have to be there a year before you can vote?

I'm in the pool, and I'm not committed either way to yes or no. As an outsider, how could I have enough information to make that determination?

It's really not that hard.

FACT: JetBlue now offers the worst health care in the industry.
FACT: JetBlue has committees made up of pilots that mostly act as a student council. The committees were not consulted in the health care changes and condemned these changes unilaterally via email.
FACT: JetBlue retirement is below industry average. JetBlue pilots were given a small increase in retirement after 6 years of so called negotiations. Over 85% of JetBlue pilots voted the change was inadequate.
FACT: JetBlue has a flag system for all new hire and recurrent training. If you generate enough flags your job will be up for review. I understand we need to perform as pilots but the above system is buried in electronic manuals.
FACT: JetBlue pilots pay is attached to a peer set group. The company wants to change that peer group to avoid raises at Delta and soon to be at other carriers.
FACT: JetBlue pilots have a company provided and paid for attorney in some legal cases, some not. If the company pays that attorney where is his allegiance?
FACT: JetBlue refuses to provide a copy of the LTD plan for pilots. They also refuse to put any LTD plan in your individual contract; therefore it can be terminated at any time.
FACT: JetBlue vacation is a winner take all unlike almost every other carrier.
FACT: JetBlue paid time off/vacation accrual was found to be lagging the rest of the industry 6 years ago. So far no changes.
FACT: JetBlue pilots will be hosed in any merger as they will be represented by the company.
FACT: JetBlue has reduced open time to next to nothing via a scheduling manual that was not voted on by the pilot group.

The list goes on and on. In the end, the JetBlue pilot has no representation in any process. The company makes the rules and we get to follow them.

Seriously, go check out http://www.bluetruthpilots.com/

However you all decide to play it just keep your shiney happy propoganda from initial to yourselves because we've all heard it a hundred times before.

We even have a multi-million dollar MANDATORY charm school to refresh our memories.

It's ALL just rhetoric and we don't need to hear it from new hires.

However you all decide to play it just keep your shiney happy propoganda from initial to yourselves because we've all heard it a hundred times before.

We even have a multi-million dollar MANDATORY charm school to refresh our memories.

It's ALL just rhetoric and we don't need to hear it from new hires.

You're doing an awesome job of convincing new hires to join your side.

Latest resources

Back