• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is there for the wife to do in the first two days of class? Is it any fun for her?

Thanks

From what I understand she will go through an orientation and learn about the benefits. I am gonna bring mine for the first week only because we had scheduled a vacation at my current company. Lots to do in Orlando anyhow while I'm in class.

What is there for the wife to do in the first two days of class? Is it any fun for her?

Thanks

Honestly im glad my wife didnt come. She would have been bored out of her mind. The first 2 days are orientation. All about the company from all of the departments. Stuff im glad to know, stuff my wife doesnt care about. If your wife isnt interested in aviation she will probably be terribly bored.

If she really wants to fly the simulator for a few minutes they are given a chance on day 2.

Honestly im glad my wife didnt come. She would have been bored out of her mind. The first 2 days are orientation. All about the company from all of the departments. Stuff im glad to know, stuff my wife doesnt care about. If your wife isnt interested in aviation she will probably be terribly bored.

If she really wants to fly the simulator for a few minutes they are given a chance on day 2.

Despite my smartassed comment above this pretty much sums it up. My wife was glad she attended but mainly because she got to spend a couple more days with me before training started in earnest. If she can get to MCO without a lot of cost or hassle go ahead and bring her. Otherwise just forget it. It's not that big a deal.

A few. Maybe 4 or 5.
Sorry to say, I'm serious...

I'm one of the oldest and I'm 59.

Very little upward movement, if that is what you're looking for.

That's pretty much to be expected because JetBlue is still a relatively new company with growth still ahead of it and not a huge bank of pilots.

I hate to speculate, but I'm guessing that we will have more attrition due to guys going back to DAL, UA and AA than retirements in the next 5-8yrs.With the retirements happening over there, there would be more $$ and a broad spectrum of flying. Plus FedEx and the forementioned will be hiring. We will lose from the middle of the pack.
My 2CENTS

Most recent class. August 10th. 17 people. 10 E-190(ALL BOS) 7 A320(All JFK). The training dept said all new 190 pilots will be going to BOS for a while.

Latest resources

Back