• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never mind the pay increase and QOL with better trips The definition is spelled out on your license ERJ 170/190.

I care about pay and retirement (to name a few). Our pay and retirement are NOT regional level. Of course they are not what they should be either, but that is another discussion.

Last edited:
I care about pay and retirement (to name a few). Our pay and retirement are NOT regional level. Of course they are not what they should be either, but that is another discussion.

Oh our retirement is not much better, if any. As far as the pay are you paying attention to the bid divisors for Sept and Oct 70-80 hours. Watch carefully my friend premium pay is dwindling. And you are right all of this is for another discussion, unfortunatley the fix was just voted down and will now take a few more years to address.

What was the breakdown of yesterday's class?

6A320JFK and 6E190BOS.

Class to be held every two weeks for the rest of the year. BOS growth. Doesn't mean you'll get BOS. Upgrades are happening and people our swapping bases aircraft too. This is what they told us. So take it for what it's worth.

When you get here, the first thing you need to do after training is ask the PVC about our SCOPE clause...

Scope Clause? Because ALPA-represented pilot groups have had so much success with THEIR scope clauses? Surely you jest. Don't take offense...There well may be good reasons to have a CBA but you have to admit this: We have no scope clause yet the company has yet to outsource flying to a regional partner ALONG THE LINES OF MOST MAJOR CARRIERS. The pessimists say it's only a matter of time. Perhaps that's true- but they certainly could have done so long before now. I've heard that there have been overtures from the likes of RAH, etc in the past to provide lift and the company has declined. Surely a bit of credit is deserved.

And before the extremists jump on me, I have been an active ALPA member/commitee chairman.

The best advice? Don't look to FI for advice. Too many drama-queens here-on both sides of the fence (not you Beach). Too many anonymous hot-heads with way too much time on their hands.

Lgb

I am trying to get familiar with all available info before attempting to get a chance at Jetblue. realizing that JFK and BOS are the junior bases, how many years would it take to get reserve at LGB. I realize that this is anyones best guess as things change at the flip of a switch. Thanks much.

It it highly unlikely that you will be awarded LGB out of the school house or for some time. Not to be negative but there is little growth in LGB/LAX. But as anyone who has been in this industry knows things change. Apply, get the interview, get hired and you can always turn the job down.

they have 100 planes on order. WHere are all these planes going? Is there growth westward? midwest? that is a lot of planes!

they have 100 planes on order. WHere are all these planes going? Is there growth westward? midwest? that is a lot of planes!

http://wsw.com/webcast/dahlman8/jblu/

This link is for a webcast of JetBlue speaking at the
"Dahlman Rose and Co. 4th Annual Global transportation conference" the other day, pretty recent info.

I might not paraphase this correctly but the JetBlue person said....
"Deferred orders of 8 A320’s this year, convereted some to A321’s, worked with Embrear to dispose of E190’s"
"2012 11 aircraft deliveries scheduled"
"2013 12 aircraft deliveries, 3 of the 12 are E190's that they are working with Embraer to dispose of."
"Trying to work with Embraer to dispose of the E190" (not sure what that means, the whole fleet or just future deliveries, I know instead of 100 its down to 75, not sure if thats what they meant??)
"2013 start getting A321’s"
"Of the 7 deliveries in the 4th quarter of 2013' 3 will be A321’s"
"9 A321’s 2014"
"10 A321’s 2015"
"In 2013 have the opportunity to start returning leased aircraft, 2 in 2013 and 17 more in that period (not sure what time span they meant by period but I'm guessing 2013-2015), They could also reup the leases or return the aircraft, leaves flexibility in fleet order book." Tone of voice I'm guessing some of the older birds start going back especially if the econonmy is still crap.
"Boston peak departures were around 100/daily, could see in the next 3 years going up to peak of 150/daily"
Good stuff, only about a 20min webcast, worth checking out. Hope this helps XJhawk. Good luck getting of the slowly sinking ship at XJ.

We are in interesting airline in the way many of our deliveries are simply replacement aircraft for lease returns. It's always difficult to estimate to what extent the fleet is growing. It is growing for sure but hard to tell by how much.

Latest resources

Back