jetBlue Captain Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dgs said:
I have no idea what bride scheduling is.

Thanks for the answer. Im sure you know what a bribe is, but never conceived it could happen in scheduling. I was making a joke but one based in reality. A certain FA would actually bribe a scheduling supervisor to hold back trips so they would get awarded to her. Both were fired, but it went on for a while before it was discovered.

What's the angst about?

I'm glad the rumors about JB's airplane financing are put to rest. It's mostly just "whistling past the graveyard" by my fellow "legacy" pilots. They are rightfully scared of a well-run, well-financed carrier that could put their careers in jeopardy.

JB has already put their compensation in jeopardy--witness the wailing and gnashing of teeth by all the airline managements lately.

The JB people should not get defensive or be offended by these attacks or probing questions, it's just p***s envy!<G>

Add my name to Neuby and Counselair on the list of ex-TWA types trying to get hired at JB. Do we expect perfection? Of course not--we've been in this business way too long. As for me, I'm no longer chasing top hourly pay--AA taught me a lesson about that. I believe JB would provide the type of QOL I had at TWA while allowing me to fly enough to make a comfortable living for my family AND make it all the way to retirement without changing uniforms--AGAIN!(sorry, to include exerpts from my cover letter...:D ).TC

Ten year captain at Jetblue is $126.46 an hour.

What is Comair's top rate for the 70 seater?

I imagine they will be unsettlingly close, and NO I don't think comiair's pay should come down at all.

Why can so many people over look the trend? I continue to wish Jetblue sucess as I have many friends flying there. I can only hope Jetblue can prosper and get industry standard, if not for you Jetblue guys at least for us who would like to.

NYR (hoping there is not a LCC in the works who will pay their A320 pilots $80 an hour. You know there will be plenty of pilots)

JB Pay

Lets not forget that the contract JB works under was a contract that was written when there were no planes on the line, and no one had an idea of what would happen. There have been a few upward adjustments of the pay, but lets not forget JB only has 41 or so airplanes, and is still not a major.

I would expect that our wages might not shoot up anytime soon, but compared to SWA they are pretty good, pound for pound. They have a fleet of 300 or so airplanes.

A special shout out to Intruder one. How about all those 'losers' with JB stock. How is it doing now?

Re: JB Pay

kwijybo said:
Lets not forget that the contract JB works under was a contract that was written when there were no planes on the line, and no one had an idea of what would happen. There have been a few upward adjustments of the pay, but lets not forget JB only has 41 or so airplanes, and is still not a major.

I would expect that our wages might not shoot up anytime soon, but compared to SWA they are pretty good, pound for pound. They have a fleet of 300 or so airplanes.

A special shout out to Intruder one. How about all those 'losers' with JB stock. How is it doing now?

You make some very good points. I hope your next contract rewards you all for making Jetblue what it is, you guys and gals deserve it.

NYR

To kwijybo:

As far as JB stock goes its great,bought a bunch of it.Just like Mesa stock bought it also when they signed that crap contract,its going up also.Any idiot knows that most LCC's will make money when they undercut everyone else.Making a few bucks off of stock still does not excuse dragging the industry into the sewer.Mesa and JB still birds of a feather.

Mesa could not succeed except for the existence of larger hub and spoke carriers. JetBlue aims to carve out its own niche regardless of (and sometimes in spite of) the hub and spoke carriers. One supplements with the cooperation of a mainline partner, and the other is an independent competitor. One arguably accelerates the furlough of its mainline partner pilots, and the other hires those same pilots off the street. Similarities? Where?

According to you, Intruder, Mesa is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of pay and work rules. I can't address that; I don't know much about Mesa's contract. I do know that JetBlue's pay and work rules aren't anywhere close to the bottom, and the trend is to increase them. There are a number of carriers that pay much less, have much worse working conditions and rules, and yet still aren't succeeding financially the way that JetBlue is. Similarities? Where?

How exactly is JetBlue like Mesa again? I guess now I'm asking for it, but I don't see the connection.

Re: Re: JB Pay

NYRANGERS said:
You make some very good points. I hope your next contract rewards you all for making Jetblue what it is, you guys and gals deserve it.

NYR

nyr and intruder,

our next contract (pay) will be based on industry economic realities not on industry leading standards.
your premise that jetblue management is responsible for helping bring payrates down is ignorant.
for example: as a third year captain ill bring home a six fiqure income, average 16 days off a month, weekends off, good health benefits, good 401k and profit sharing (same as southwest)and good work rules. (all without the help of ALPA)
so i ask, what else should i demand? dont tell me "industry leading pay rates" because they dont exist anymore. industry leading pay rates are can only be supported during good economic times. not in bad, as we are witnessing.

as far as comparing mesa to jetblue. mesa's reputation speaks for itself. it was mesa who supported "pay for training" and "jet for jobs." it also had and has one of the worst contracts, (i.e. payrates and workrules) in the reqional industry.

nyr: your wasting your time and emotion routing for a team that only cares about collecting a paycheck.

To Blue Dude:

I don't know that Mesa and JB are equal in every way,I'm sure they are not.The only comparision I was making is low cost.The regionals will have to lower pay and bensfits to compete with them and the majors will have to do the same to compete with JB..I'm sure you are happy with what you make and are not concerned about pilots at other carriers,but you know the mesa guys feel the same way and they could care less about the other regionals.It's a race to the bottom and these two are leading the way,and you could care less adout the industry itself as long as you are happy.

Intruder, NYRangers, and other dim bulbs:

Thanks for all the concern about our pay...

I think you may want to worry about the direction your pay is headed, and spend a little less time thinking about our pay.

Latest resources

Back