jetBlue Captain Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sat74

What are the Captain pay rates at jetBlue?

Also, what is the real story about how jetBlue has not paid for anything yet, which is why everyone thinks they are doing so well.

Cheers,

As a furloughed Delta Pilot believe me I would love it if this were true. However, I think we have proved this rumor false at least 100 times or more. Also, I hear Jet Blue is taking on another 60 or so airframes. I would love to see Delta and Song kick ass and take back some of the Jet Blue Traffic, but lets just live with the fact that Jet Blue is a Kick Ass Airline, that have great management, they have managed to attract that same great employee attitude that Southwest recruits (and no other airline has been able to do) they have found their market and they will continue to do well. Being on Furlough and making around $8.00 an hour I do not have to like it, but as a grounded pilot who has not flown in months and months I sure do envy it. They are doing a great job. I think they will continue to do so for a long time.

It's all free

Airbus gave us the airplanes for free, so we sold them to leasing companies and made a fortune! All MX and parts are free as long as we keep ordering airplanes. That's why we keep ordering 12-15 per year! All training is paid for at the Airbus training center in Miami. The port authority gave us terminal 6 and we don't have to pay landing fees at JFK during the off-peak times. Some of our investors also have huge influence with the oil companies, so we only pay 10 cents a gallon for jet fuel. There are also several bridges in NY that are real bargains. If you want one, I'll see what I can do.

Now back to the original question. jB captains are paid quite comfortably. In addition to the hourly rate for an average of about 80 hours per month (of actual productive flying), we've had profit sharing of 13.5% and 15.5% in the last two years. Add the stock purchase plan, stock options, and a 401(k) that YOU control, and the package is quite generous. I don't hear anybody around here complaining about pay.

dgs,

That was way too funny for me at this time of morning. You had me going there right up to the bridge statement, I was thinking, Dam JB really did a great job securing all of that. Funny as hell man!!

WD.

Thanks for the replies, but can you be a little more specific and post the actual Captain pay rates and years of service?

Thanks.

Pay at 2 years is $113 per hour with time and a half over 70 hours. Pay increases 2.2% each year to the 5th year then tops off at .9% per year to the 10th year, that is as far as it goes for now. 10 year pay is $126.46 per hour, time and a half over 70. Right now I think the most senior captain is at 4-5 years.

Without getting into another debate...you all know how I feel about this, but our top pay on similar equipment (737-800) is $245.00/ hour. I post this not to criticize anyone, nor to boast (I'm in no position, and I don't think those rates will last anyway). I post them merely to illustrate to some that B6 does in fact have a major cost advantage in labor expenses, one which cannot be written off, as some would suggest, to productivity savings. Salaries play a major part, and to completely ignore an almost 100% difference in pay for like equipment is naive.

It's funny. Many think Song will fail because the pilot salaries are too high. Meanwhile, those same people howl with indignation when others suggest that low cost carriers are profitable due in part to lower salaries.

B6 is a fine airline. I wish them luck. I meant no disrespect with this post, although I am quite sure that many will find some.

I'm simply concerned with the direction in which ALL of us are heading. No one is immune to the new realities we are witnessing. It's just a shame that so few realize it.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Sometimes I just can't resist. I'll return you to your discussion, and hope I didn't ruffle many feathers.

Latest resources

Back